SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Backed Into Again!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backed Into Again! Login/Join 
posted
Wife starts car. SUV begins backing and HONKING intermittently. My wife see's where this is headed and puts it in drive and pulls forward into the just vacated slot. Stupid SUV bitch BACKS INTO HER in the slot! Stupid fucking cow says, "I just didn't see you!" I asked her then why the fuck did she honk, and she shrugs. I asked her how she manages not to see us WITH HER HUGE FUCKING BACKUP CAMERA! She begins to curse so I took a pic of her plate and told her to get the fuck away from us before I call the cops and have her drug tested. Scratches only-3rd or 4th time in 2 months.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Incidents like this are the reason that I will not move out of a parking slot if there are any vehicles with signs of life in the driver seat, within hitting distance of me. There are just too many incompetent people behind the wheel. I can wait until they have moved along.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Another reason why I try to park where I can move forward out of the parking spot.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do what I can. We were in the back of the lot. Sometimes there is little choice.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I was at a restaurant on South College Road in Wilmington NC one fine Friday night having an early dinner with my wife.

We observed a woman who was obviously blasted making a scene as she was leaving her table.

So we go outside just in time to see her back into my Volvo so hard that it rocked the car. I’m only 15 feet away and I yelled at her (for all of the good that did) and she burned rubbed getting out of the parking lot.

As I’m writing down her license plate number and car description the restaurant manager comes outside. He says that the woman was seen taking muscle relaxers at her table and drinking wine. She paid her bill with a personal check scrawled with an eyeliner pencil…

I get her address from the check along with her complete info, address, phone number, NC license number, etc. More than anyone could ask for. I called the police and they eventually told me that they went to her house and and “she didn’t come to the door”. That’s all that was done at the time-

A report was filled out and when it came time for estimates her insurance rep told me that she told the police that "she didn’t know she struck another car" (right) and that her insurance had been cancelled already (multiple tickets) and only had one day left of coverage when she hit me.

Of course it didn’t stop State Farm from trying to @#$#@$ me on the estimate and repair… Nothing surprises me on parking lot behavior these days.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Yes it would take a little more room, and cost, but if a retailer would only put in single rows of parking all drive through, I bet they would gain enough business due to the safer and effortless parking to more than make up for the added cost. I know I'd be shopping with them if at all possible.

EDIT to add:
And wide enough to minimize door dings.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes it would take a little more room, and cost, but if a retailer would only put in single rows of parking all drive through, I bet they would gain enough business due to the safer and effortless parking to more than make up for the added cost. I know I'd be shopping with them if at all possible.

EDIT to add:
And wide enough to minimize door dings.

That is called high end shopping around here. The body shop even referred to car dents as the Walmart dents. It is similar to walking through a parking lot where the trash is picked up nightly and hosed down as needed. I find that the Dollar Stores and Walmart are the worst.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a Kroger lot in a tony neighborhood. The house for sale across the street is listed at 459,000. Her SUV probably cost around 50k. i don't get it.