SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Driving In Virginia, AKA The Statewide Speedtrap!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving In Virginia, AKA The Statewide Speedtrap! Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Mecklenburg County Va. we have check points set up in the spring and summer on a regular basis. This I have no problem with. On 58 coming out of South Hill headed west toward Clarksville watch your speed in this area they will get ya if your speeding, this you can bet on. But remember this one thing they are doing their job.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I have a nearly foolproof way for you to avoid getting speeding tickets, or tickets for other motor vehicle infractions.

OBEY THE LAW.

Don't speed, weave in and out of traffic, drive while impaired, fail to comply with road signs, etc. It's pretty much all it takes.

I do this when driving in Pennsylvania and Maryland and have not gotten a ticket there. I assume its courtesy, and it's the least I can do.

And WRT the anecdote about felony endangerment, in Virginia driving over 80 is automatically reckless driving.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Also stay within 5 over going through Boone’s Mill south of Roanoke. They love giving tickets.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
coming out of South Hill

South Hill has been a well-known speed "enforcement" area at least since the 70's. Back then, it was one end of a "missing link" on I-85 (the other end being in NC). Gotcha coming off the interstate down to a 2 lane highway, every time.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Also stay within 5 over going through Boone’s Mill south of Roanoke. They love giving tickets.

It use to be much worse when the town cop ( yes the only one) had some sort of high performance Camero for a police car.

Story I heard was that he pulled over the town manager one night and gVe him a ticket. Next week he was looking for a new job...

It's been a little better since he left.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I remember reading lots of stories about that guy and his toys.
Where is he now? (Rerired, I hope.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

It use to be much worse when the town cop ( yes the only one) had some sort of high performance Camero for a police car.

Story I heard was that he pulled over the town manager one night and gVe him a ticket. Next week he was looking for a new job...

It's been a little better since he left.

Doesn't say much for your town manager either.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post