SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    low life thieves
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

low life thieves Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16346 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A friend dropped off a 6’ length of lead drain he pulled from under a bathtub in a c. 1927 apartment. It was swiped off my porch within minutes.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good friend buried her daughter yesterday. While that was in progress, the daughter's four wheeler was being stolen.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
A good friend buried her daughter yesterday. While that was in progress, the daughter's four wheeler was being stolen.

Unfortunately, that's very common. Thieves pay attention to funeral service announcements, and plan to hit the house of the deceased while they know everyone is away at the funeral. (It's very easy to find someone's home address these days, with easy access to online records.)

It's recommended to have a trusted family member or friend agree to skip the service and stick around at the decedent's home/property to deter these type of thieves.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:

People are shit.

Lay odds it's someone they know.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Primary suspect is the daughter's ex-boyfriend, who once beat her so badly he caused a miscarriage.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Primary suspect is the daughter's ex-boyfriend, who once beat her so badly he caused a miscarriage.

How did he survive the father's wrath?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A running joke in my neck of the woods (and the Cockatoo's, I bet) is that an approved plea for a murder charge is "He needed killing." If I was a jury member on a case like that I would have a hard time voting to convict. That is just plum evil.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I think he made himself scarce quickly. Karma will get him eventually. He's too much of an alcoholic to stay out of sight too long.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I think he made himself scarce quickly. Karma will get him eventually. He's too much of an alcoholic to stay out of sight too long.

The bottle from his favorite booze filled with wood alcohol? Mad

Posts: 2540 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post