SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TSA - Put wrong items in my luggage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TSA - Put wrong items in my luggage Login/Join 
posted
When I fly, normally there is a firearm in my luggage and I am used to the "Your bags were inspected" notice inside them.

I'm used to my TSA lock being missing about 1/2 the time.

What I am not used to is finding someone else's items in my luggage when I get home. Found a couple of items that were not mine inside my luggage along with the "you were inspected" notice.

These numb nuts are in charge of keeping us secure?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Man, I can see that seriously go sideways.

Like my wife finding sexy lingerie in my suitcase when I get home --- that's not going to have a happy ending.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stayed with a friend.

I sent him a picture "Sorry, somehow these ended up in my luggage, I will mail them back"

He called me back "I have never seen those before".

I had some bad mojo about these so I dropped them into an evidence bags.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If TSA is taking your locks off luggage you have firearms in, they're doing it wrong and I'd be raising Cain about it.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to TSA, they are allowed to remove locks to inspect luggage. Either with a key or by breaking the lock.

I have requested they send me where it says that somewhere besides TSA Regs. They haven't.

This is why my firearms are in lock boxes with the cable secured to something inside the luggage.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
When I fly, normally there is a firearm in my luggage and I am used to the "Your bags were inspected" notice inside them.

I'm used to my TSA lock being missing about 1/2 the time.

What I am not used to is finding someone else's items in my luggage when I get home. Found a couple of items that were not mine inside my luggage along with the "you were inspected" notice.

These numb nuts are in charge of keeping us secure?

That explains the 24" dual headed dildo, then. And the live hamster. And the weed...

I thought maybe it was just a surprise gift. Should have known.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
TSA, the 'wag the dog' illusion of 'security'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is why my firearms are in lock boxes with the cable secured to something inside the luggage.
Same here.

posted Hide Post
I don't like TSA to start with, bad history with them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Same here.

I think I'll start shipping my firearms. If TSA can break locks and not be responsible for them, I imagine they could cut a cable in my suitcase without any problem.

Had a friend who retired from USMS. Worked for TSA for a few months then quit. "Biggest bunch of assholes I've ever seen."

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that if one wants to pack a firearm, it's necessary to inform the TICKET AGENT at check-in. The passenger must then hold the key to the locked case that holds the firearm, and (despite what the TSA web site says), should never be out of his/her possession. When requested, the passenger should open the case and allow the TSA to confirm that it is unloaded, and that no ammunition is packed with it.

Having been declared and thus inspected, there should be no need for checked luggage to go through another inspection.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Here is a good video. I only put it here because it's relevant to the subject and might help some out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqtYfaILHw

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
It's my understanding that if one wants to pack a firearm, it's necessary to inform the TICKET AGENT at check-in. The passenger must then hold the key to the locked case that holds the firearm, and (despite what the TSA web site says), should never be out of his/her possession. When requested, the passenger should open the case and allow the TSA to confirm that it is unloaded, and that no ammunition is packed with it.

Having been declared and thus inspected, there should be no need for checked luggage to go through another inspection.

Guns and ammo (in original boxes) were locked in separate lock boxes and cabled to the inside of my suitcase. Guns and ammo were declared and inspected at check in. Suitcase was then locked and I had the key. I got home very late and didn't unpack the suitcase until the next afternoon. I put the suitcase on the bed and thought "Hmm, no lock." I unpacked the suitcase and found the items that weren't mine. I thought that somehow I had ended up with items from our friends house.

The TSA has no check or balances. They do what they want, how they want to do it with little oversight or fear of repercussions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I'll start shipping my firearms. If TSA can break locks and not be responsible for them, I imagine they could cut a cable in my suitcase without any problem.
I have shipped to myself before as well - I really hate checking baggage and that was a way around it, but you have to plan ahead.

I also never travel with a weapon I really care about - typically just a Walther PPS for CCW or maybe a J-frame - all very replaceable in case the trolls get them.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I would love to be able to answer the question: "...did you pack this bag yourself, has it been out of your sight, did somebody else ask you to carry anything...", loudly; "THE TSA GUY PUT STUFF IN MY BAG!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Had a friend who retired from USMS. Worked for TSA for a few months then quit. "Biggest bunch of assholes I've ever seen."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If I cannot drive which I prefer, and have to fly I pay to have my firearms shipped. It is the best policy. I am not surprised finding items belonging to someone else in your luggage. Complaints are not resolved in a timely or satisfactory manner, if at all. Avoid the TSA if possible. There are always ways to avoid problems like this, but may involve some expense. Remember your time has value. I wear the clothing I will need. If you are going to a wedding wear the tux on the plane. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

Like my wife finding sexy lingerie in my suitcase when I get home --- that's not going to have a happy ending.

Just tell her TSA did it, and you get off scott-free.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my flights are just for a couple days so I just carry my little bag on the plane. What pisses me off is when they allow everyone to bring 2 giant suitcases as "carry ons" so there's no room for my little bag in the overhead compartment and they start checking in bags for no charge. The people at the desk keep repeating no charge like the $20 to check a bag was my reason for not checking my bag. NO, the reason for not checking my bag is because I don't want you idiots going through my stuff and I don't want to wait 45 minutes for my bag to finally show up on the conveyor belt.

Make these idiots carrying 2 full-size suitcases check their bags and leave mine alone.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
TSA=totally stupid assholes.

What have they prevented? What have they solved?

It was wrong for Bush to create them and it was even worse for Obama to let them unionize. Unionizing basically meant they will never go away, we are stuck with those assholes forever.

They're like the federal government version of McDonald's with the shit they hire. The TSA makes me hate flying more than anything else.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

Just tell her TSA did it, and you get off scott-free.

The TSA trolls keep all the sexy lingerie for themselves because they never see it in person.