SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TSA - Put wrong items in my luggage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TSA - Put wrong items in my luggage Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
TSA = Tub Stacking Assholes

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

Guns and ammo (in original boxes) were locked in separate lock boxes and cabled to the inside of my suitcase. Guns and ammo were declared and inspected at check in. Suitcase was then locked and I had the key. I got home very late and didn't unpack the suitcase until the next afternoon. I put the suitcase on the bed and thought "Hmm, no lock." I unpacked the suitcase and found the items that weren't mine. I thought that somehow I had ended up with items from our friends house.

The TSA has no check or balances. They do what they want, how they want to do it with little oversight or fear of repercussions.

I do it the other way around. I pack everything in a rifle case including my firearms and lock it with my own locks. I declare at the ticket agent and TSA either checks it right away or calls me over the PA system and I unlock it for them. At one point, a TSA agent suggested not packing my computer in the rifle case because it was guaranteed they'd want to open the case and take a look when it went through the scanner.

Posts: 10910 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Similar to above, have heard people check locking camera equipment cases with a flare gun inside just to keep people out.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rhino
You suggesting undue number of transvestites among TSA? That may be better answer. LOL

Your remark was funny too.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lock my handguns in a Nano vault, cabled to the inside of the suitcase.

Does TSA has master keys for just the TSA approved locks or do they have master keys for the metal vaults the guns are locked in?

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

I lock my handguns in a Nano vault, cabled to the inside of the suitcase.

Does TSA has master keys for just the TSA approved locks or do they have master keys for the metal vaults the guns are locked in?
Pretty sure that it's only the TSA-approved locks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometime back, TSA allowed a news crew to film them. They got some clear pics of the master keys for the TSA approved locks.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TSA only has keys for TSA locks...which can be opened by almost anyone with or without a key, anyway.

Anything passing through the secure area of an airport is subject to search, locked or not. It's a condition of access. If you check a bag or attempt to pass through security to the secure side, your consent to search for you and all possessions, carried or checked, is part of that passage.

TSA today were expressing their inner asshole. I don't usually pass through security, but today took the precheck line, where I asked for a tray to put my things, and was refused.

What do you need a tray for?

"Because I asked for one."

"You don't need one."

"Where would you like me to put my shit?"

"You don't need one. Just drop your bags and walk through."

Having been through this game for going on four decades, I began putting things in a small tray, and was again told don't. Naturally, the detector rang.

"Why didn't you put your things in the tray?"

Assholes.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Man, I can see that seriously go sideways.

Like my wife finding sexy lingerie in my suitcase when I get home --- that's not going to have a happy ending.

Happened to me once. Went on a business trip and came home, wife was unpacking my suitcase and got excited. Did you get me anything? I said no. She asked again, are you sure, you didnt get me some jewelry? I said no. Then she threw a ring at me and said "then who the hell does this belong to?"

Turned out it was the maid in the hotel. She must have been going through my stuff

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Man, I can see that seriously go sideways.

Like my wife finding sexy lingerie in my suitcase when I get home --- that's not going to have a happy ending.

Happened to me once. Went on a business trip and came home, wife was unpacking my suitcase and got excited. Did you get me anything? I said no. She asked again, are you sure, you didnt get me some jewelry? I said no. Then she threw a ring at me and said "then who the hell does this belong to?"

Turned out it was the maid in the hotel. She must have been going through my stuff
always pack / unpack your own shit.

And never let the maid in the room unless you have to.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I like the question 'Is there anything in here that you don't know about?'

Huh?

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
TSA = Thousands Standing Around

Truly the best in security theatre

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For true coughs and giggles, my bag smells to dogs like C4. They hit on it occasionally.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
always pack / unpack your own shit.

This always. Seen too many practical jokers through the years get too many guys in trouble.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post