SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Adult temper tantrums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adult temper tantrums Login/Join 
posted
Just read on another forum where a guy's FFL sold out without telling him. Guy and the new owner had a disagreement on the level/quality of services provided on a transfer. Guy tells owner he wants a bunch of ammo/accessories. Once owner gets all that together, guy says, "Never mind. I'll get it somewhere else."

I get you received a sub-standard level of service. I just pay for my stuff and don't go back. What does being a hemorrhoid gain you?

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Gets feel like a big, powerful man, as well as looking for pats on the back from other forum members who hear his story, and tell him what a big, powerful man he is.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably didn't happen. Cowards like to brag. Men confront, correct and settle and never really talk about it to third parties.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sounds immature to me. If you do not like dealing with a business, no longer do business there. It does not sound like he got ripped off by the FFL. Heck I have gotten ripped off by some businesses and not tried to get retribution. I just moved on and let others know not to deal with them.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It is hard to find an FFL around here that you can trust. The last three firearms I bought, two of them had been dropped and had muzzle damage on one and the grips damaged on the other.

I think what happened in one case was the firearm was being shown to other customers. In the other case, I think the shop dropped the gun sometime while it was in the shop either when it was locked up at night. They had thrown the shipping material away so it is unknown if it was properly packaged for shipping.

So I just look for another FFL to do business since it will catch up with them in the long run.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can tell you it accomplishes nothing. I am someone, I will admit, who has had a few public meltdowns, temper tantrums, over poor customer service, shitty students, and just plain old "having a bad day." Nothing comes of it that is productive or satisfying. I feel the guy's pain, but as a fellow transgressor of the norm (shut up, turn around, and walk away) I can say WTF. No one is perfect. That said, I continue to struggle to keep a cool head. It is good for you? Well, it is what people say, isn't it?

P.S. It is hard to find a good FFL, someone you can trust. I am fortunate to have found one here, but she is an hour drive away. So it goes.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
It is hard to find an FFL around here that you can trust. The last three firearms I bought, two of them had been dropped and had muzzle damage on one and the grips damaged on the other.

I think what happened in one case was the firearm was being shown to other customers. In the other case, I think the shop dropped the gun sometime while it was in the shop either when it was locked up at night. They had thrown the shipping material away so it is unknown if it was properly packaged for shipping.

So I just look for another FFL to do business since it will catch up with them in the long run.

You should use my FFL. He's a SIGforum member, and is just across the Ffx/Loudoun line. He did just raise his price to the astronomically high price of $33 or $35 (can't remember which it is). Email is in my profile, shoot me a note if you want his info.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hume:
[Snip]Nothing comes of it that is productive or satisfying. I feel the guy's pain, but as a fellow transgressor of the norm (shut up, turn around, and walk away) I can say WTF. No one is perfect. That said, I continue to struggle to keep a cool head. It is good for you? Well, it is what people say, isn't it?

No offense intended. Dude was proud of himself, and so were his buddies. I figured trying to understand the motivation behind the behavior. Too many people in the modern age, IMO, have no desire to improve themselves.

Good luck in your quest to be better.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
Guy and the new owner had a disagreement on the level/quality of services provided on a transfer. Guy tells owner he wants a bunch of ammo/accessories. Once owner gets all that together, guy says, "Never mind. I'll get it somewhere else."

That's some angsty-tween-girl grade passive-aggression right there.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One of the best adult tantrums I ever saw was about 2 years ago at a local make your own stir fry restaurant. A guy comes in and takes his stuff to get cooked. They way way overcook it. They offer to remake it, even do it in the back (kitchen) for him but he's not having it. He got cherry red in the face and started yelling. His wife and son come in from the mall the restaurant is in right in the middle of it. His wife says, "Why don't you just have them redo it?". He does a Bill O'Reilly type tantrum and starts yelling, "No! I'm gonna leave!", and gets up and starts to walk out. His son and wife look at each other and the son says, "I'm going to eat!". The dad says, "Well, I'm leaving!!". The son rolls his eyes and says really loudly, "Why the hell can't you just relax and sit down and eat like a sane person?" Mom says to him, "Leave if you want, but stop acting like a baby!". He tells her to go to hell, and he leaves. The wife apologizes to the manager of the restaurant, and after a couple of minutes of silence, the son says, "Why the hell does he do that shit?". The wife sighs, and says, "Because he's got the maturity of a 2 year old, and because he's a dick". I admit, I cracked up when she said that.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The above is a good story. It shows how someone can ruin his own day.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I wonder how old the guy was?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had two uncles who used to routinely abuse restaurant staff. Uncle Jerry once sent his 4 egg omelet back 4 times because it had slightly browned spots. He didn't get that that omelet had more ingredients added each time it came back. My dad used to tell his brother in law to STFU if they were in a restaurant that my dad liked. And he would do it loudly.

If you complain politely you will usually get what you want. Looking like a 3 year old having a fit will not.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post