SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AT&T cut my irrigation lines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AT&T cut my irrigation lines Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am pretty unhappy with AT&T right now. I have not had internet for 3 weeks now. It went out and it took them four days to get a technician to come out to said the problem was not in my house as he couldn’t get a signal at the junction box across the street. Several days later a special crew came to fix it and said they couldn’t and a new line would have to be run in the neighborhood. A week later the line finally got run. Days later a crew came and dug a trench across my yard to run a new line to my house. I was worried they may have cut a sprinkler line the way the trench ran but when I reviewed surveillance video I saw they did it with shovels. Internet still didn’t work and had to call for an update and they said more work needs to be done and it may be another week or so. This is now a situation beyond an inconvenience. There are weekends I am on-call and must be able to get on my work computer but can’t without internet and can’t pay bills. Pretty slow and frustrating!

Be persistent and save the private numbers of the techs that help you. You may need to spend hours on the phone, but should receive credit for time without the internet. This company has a customer loyalty department with English speaking people who can credit your account and upgrade your service with NO EXTRA charge. Be nice, polite, patient and forceful. It worked for me. You can always mention changing to another provider.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I am pretty unhappy with AT&T right now. I have not had internet for 3 weeks now. It went out and it took them four days to get a technician to come out to said the problem was not in my house as he couldn’t get a signal at the junction box across the street. Several days later a special crew came to fix it and said they couldn’t and a new line would have to be run in the neighborhood. A week later the line finally got run. Days later a crew came and dug a trench across my yard to run a new line to my house. I was worried they may have cut a sprinkler line the way the trench ran but when I reviewed surveillance video I saw they did it with shovels. Internet still didn’t work and had to call for an update and they said more work needs to be done and it may be another week or so. This is now a situation beyond an inconvenience. There are weekends I am on-call and must be able to get on my work computer but can’t without internet and can’t pay bills. Pretty slow and frustrating!

Be persistent and save the private numbers of the techs that help you. You may need to spend hours on the phone, but should receive credit for time without the internet. This company has a customer loyalty department with English speaking people who can credit your account and upgrade your service with NO EXTRA charge. Be nice, polite, patient and forceful. It worked for me. You can always mention changing to another provider.

How do you get a hold of the customer loyalty department? I have had AT&T for well over 17 years. I have 3 cell phones, DirectTV, and U-Verse internet.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no direct number to the Customer Loyalty Department. It is located in Las Vegas or Atlanta, Georgia if I recall correctly. You keep politely escalating your call and issue. Eventually you will get there. You have to be polite but forceful, and you will finally get to someone not reading from a script.

The last problem I had was with being billed incorrectly by Direct TV. They eventually offered to cut my rates if I signed up for a longer period of time. It was well worth it. They also threw it additional services at no cost. Good luck.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So my irrigation lines are all fixed but the water company called and said my bill is like $1000 this month. I’m guessing the cut lines have something to do with it considering my normal bill is $100-120. I have a French drain system so any excess water likely went down the drain. The water company said they should be able to credit the excess bill since it wasn’t my fault.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
So my irrigation lines are all fixed but the water company called and said my bill is like $1000 this month. I’m guessing the cut lines have something to do with it considering my normal bill is $100-120. I have a French drain system so any excess water likely went down the drain. The water company said they should be able to credit the excess bill since it wasn’t my fault.
I am just stubborn enough that I would try to get the water company to bill AT&T for the excess amount, instead of just writing it off.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
There is no direct number to the Customer Loyalty Department. It is located in Las Vegas or Atlanta, Georgia if I recall correctly. You keep politely escalating your call and issue. Eventually you will get there. You have to be polite but forceful, and you will finally get to someone not reading from a script.

The last problem I had was with being billed incorrectly by Direct TV. They eventually offered to cut my rates if I signed up for a longer period of time. It was well worth it. They also threw it additional services at no cost. Good luck.

I found out that if you call the main AT&T number and say “Retention” to any question the automated system asks you then it takes you to the customer loyalty department. No matter the question, just say “Retention.” I found out the next technician was not going to come until 8/27, which would put me without internet for 42 days. I got a technician scheduled to come out now on next Wednesday. I also got my total bill cut in half for the next 12 months, my internet speed will be doubled, and the cost of the faster internet will cost me $20 less than what I pay now after the 12 month discounts end.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found out that if you call the main AT&T number and say “Retention” to any question the automated system asks you then it takes you to the customer loyalty department. No matter the question, just say “Retention.” I found out the next technician was not going to come until 8/27, which would put me without internet for 42 days. I got a technician scheduled to come out now on next Wednesday. I also got my total bill cut in half for the next 12 months, my internet speed will be doubled, and the cost of the faster internet will cost me $20 less than what I pay now after the 12 month discounts end.

GOOD. Thanks for posting back with the retention tip. I will put it to good use.

posted Hide Post
Today in our area:

D'IBERVILLE, MS (WLOX) -
Reports of a gas leak have been made on Auto Mall Parkway in D’Iberville. Witnesses tell us there are a lot of emergency responders in the area.

City Manager Clay Jones says they believe a company laying fiber optic cable struck a 2-inch gas line. But he says it was not a major gas line, but a feeder line. Crews are still working, but expected to be finished soon.

Hmmmmmmmm

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Opus Dei:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Fill it with cement, bolt it down, and put sod over it. Fuck that.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
AT&T is one of the sorriest assed companies in this world operating today!

How in the hell they exist to operate with all the shit they pull on folks and get by with behooves the hell out of me...

...one of their piece of shit utility poles, that had been broken for six months, broke off and impaled my truck back in May of this year!

It fucked my knee and shoulder up and caused 12K in repairs to my truck! I finally had knee surgery and am now waiting on shoulder surgery...

These AT&T pieces of shit knew their poles were broken and neglected to repair them...thank goodness for documentation and photographs!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5055 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post