SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Disney account keeps getting hacked
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney account keeps getting hacked Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I keep finding new users and my languages set to Spanish. I have changed my password 5 times. They keep hacking it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
No chance they are also getting into your e-mail ?

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Please describe, in detail, the password change process. Also: What you and anybody else using the service are using to access it, and from where (e.g.: home WiFi, etc.).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Some asshole hacked my PSN account. They bought a game, changed my email address to theirs and then enabled 2 step verification. Sony have been absolute pricks about the whole thing. 2 days so far and I cannot use the device. They said to try them back in 5-6 business days. It sucks. It’s not you getting hacked, it’s their service. Security is severely lacking.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I no longer use the Epic game client due to getting my account hacked. As with Prefontaine, my customer service experience was horrible.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
How are you watching? From which device are you changing your password? How are you logging in?

One of these things is compromised.

Posts: 3658 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Let me make something clear: Unless you hear of an announcement that a particular system or service has been breached, as was the case in the recent Facebook Data Breach: Here’s What To Do Now, your being "hacked" is nearly always because of your own sloppy security.

E.g.:

• You're using the same, or very similar, user name, email address, and password at multiple sites, some of which may have poor or no security and/or don't have secure logins (e.g.: Not using HTTPS)
  • You're using weak and/or easily-guessed passwords
  • You're logging in to sites on insecure links (public WiFi systems with poor or no security, or that have been breached)
  • You've been phished
  • You've allowed malware on one-or-more of the devices you use, possibly including a key-logger--often the result of using easily- and frequently-exploited operating systems, software, devices, or services

You don't have to be a victim. If you find yourself a frequent victim, you're doing something wrongly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
What Disney account is this happening to.
My Disney experience
Disney Vacation Club
Disney cruise Line
Disney plus
The reason I asked is, a couple of years ago I also had people I did not know appear on my, My Disney Account. There were also dinning reservations and Fast Passes I did not recognize and almost canceled them. My account was not hacked it was just a problem at there end.
My wife called Disney and they fixed it for her. I think they knew there was a problem but they never said it to us.
We then changed our password and never had a problem again.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2567 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post