SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Weird Goings On In My Head? UPDATED Page 2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird Goings On In My Head? UPDATED Page 2) Login/Join 
posted
So I am walking some of the dogs, in my neighborhood, where I have lived for 13 years and all of the sudden nothing around me looked familiar...The street looked really long and seemed "foggy", I had no idea where I was but I knew sho I was and that I had my dogs. I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths then all was OK.

Seriously, WTF, I am not in the mood!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevmo,

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Book a meeting with your doctor ASAP.

Not sure what else to tell you that matters, and I have no clue what happened, but your doc might.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a TIA...I think I would discuss this with a doctor ASAP...like now!

http://www.strokeassociation.o...2003_SubHomePage.jsp

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Are you under heavy stress? Could have been depersonalization -- which is harmless.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Are you under heavy stress? Could have been depersonalization -- which is harmless.

Under a lot of stress and seeing doc Thursday

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:

Kevmo -- this is some serious shit. Thursday? Screw that! Go to the emergency room NOW.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

Kevmo -- this is some serious shit. Thursday? Screw that! To to the emergency room NOW.

Get to a medical facility NOW. Possible mini stroke or elevated blood pressure or blood glucose increase/drop...

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

Kevmo -- this is some serious shit. Thursday? Screw that! To to the emergency room NOW.

Get to a medical facility NOW. Possible mini stroke or elevated blood pressure or blood glucose increase/drop...

Precisely the opinion of Mrs.BurtonRW (the critical care nurse) as well.

We'll all be pissed with you if you die because you waited around too long before getting checked out.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll all be pissed with you if you die

And we can't have that.

I know we (guys) tend to downplay this stuff in our heads, but that's how we end up dead in a chair. You've got good advice above.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, ER now!! Highly suspicious symptoms for a TIA or other issue.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That sounds, well, concerning.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
What's TIA?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Knowing what I do now post TBI I'd definitely get checked out. Several years ago I had an unusual headache that was radiating from one side of my head and knew it wasn't normal. I went home early from work and jumped to the internet to look up one sided headaches. What caught my attentions was a possible aneurysm. I went into the hospital for almost 6hrs of testing and finally left for home with a prescription for pain medication and vowed to return if the headache won't go away. In the early morning I awoke with a bad headache and took some meds and tried to lay back down however, when I laid back on the bed I felt an almost shock sensation, everything went dark, almost like being locked up inside a dark vault...if you will. Long story short, the paramedics were called and after a fiasco in my home, they were suspicious of the pain meds and referred me to an ambulance service instead of transporting me with them. I waited unknowingly for them all the while blood was hemorrhaging in my brain from a burst aneurysm. Needless to say it was almost lights out for me. I went unconscious on the gurney at the hospital ER, rushed into surgery, hole drilled in brain and drain installed, stabilized, air lifted to another hospital where I was hours on the table and stroked during the brain repairs and coil embolization to stop the bleed. Ended up in long rehab to relearn basic functioning skills, i.e. eating, walking, talking, dressing, learning to live my life from scratch again. Had to leave my job at the power company of 25yrs and retire. Today I can just say, life has completely changed and every day can be a challenge. Please take it seriously and get checked out, it just may save your life. Brain injuries are serious stuff..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
What's TIA?

Transient Ischemic Attack...often a harbinger of future events...

http://www.strokeassociation.o...2003_SubHomePage.jsp

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Sounds like my Dad when he needed his carotid arteries cleaned out.
He had different vision changes but something (blood flow, blood sugar or ??) is making your squash not work right!
This is a real deal 911 call.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that happen to me in high school one day.
I was in the process of changing classes and I was heading to my locker to get the books for my next class. I got to my locker and could not remember my combination.
I went to the office to ask for it and could not remember my name.

I went down to the restroom and washed my face off and went back opened my locker and went to my next class.
Maybe the same, maybe not?? Hope you fare well.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let me put it this way, Kevmo.

Either you experienced a twilight-zone moment or you were involved with a medical condition that needs, arguably, immediate attention.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Knowing what I do now post TBI I'd definitely get checked out. Several years ago I had an unusual headache that was radiating from one side of my head and knew it wasn't normal. I went home early from work and jumped to the internet to look up one sided headaches. What caught my attentions was a possible aneurysm. I went into the hospital for almost 6hrs of testing and finally left for home with a prescription for pain medication and vowed to return if the headache won't go away. In the early morning I awoke with a bad headache and took some meds and tried to lay back down however, when I laid back on the bed I felt an almost shock sensation, everything went dark, almost like being locked up inside a dark vault...if you will. Long story short, the paramedics were called and after a fiasco in my home, they were suspicious of the pain meds and referred me to an ambulance service instead of transporting me with them. I waited unknowingly for them all the while blood was hemorrhaging in my brain from a burst aneurysm. Needless to say it was almost lights out for me. I went unconscious on the gurney at the hospital ER, rushed into surgery, hole drilled in brain and drain installed, stabilized, air lifted to another hospital where I was hours on the table and stroked during the brain repairs and coil embolization to stop the bleed. Ended up in long rehab to relearn basic functioning skills, i.e. eating, walking, talking, dressing, learning to live my life from scratch again. Had to leave my job at the power company of 25yrs and retire. Today I can just say, life has completely changed and every day can be a challenge. Please take it seriously and get checked out, it just may save your life. Brain injuries are serious stuff..

Always thankful you are still with us, Brother Will.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Kevin, my Mom died three years ago, very similar circumstances, please head in to get checked out.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my sister had a similar experience,
3 minutes later she was on the ground at the emergency room drive through . she would not have made it for the ambulance ride

she was out like a trout,
16 minutes later she was in the o.r. for surgery.

had it happened 20 minutes earlier she would have killed someone on the highway.

she was supposed to be picking up
mom at the hospital.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post