SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Arlo Security Cameras
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arlo Security Cameras Login/Join 
posted
They work fine as cameras. What I can't understand is the short battery life. When they were initially installed, they ran about 4-5 months before needing to be recharged. Ever since that initial recharge, they last about a month before I have to get out the ladder, take them down and recharge them. What really mystifies is that the interior camera, which is rarely turned on due to normal in house traffic, seems to run down faster than the other two. A neighbor, who has the same system, says he has the same issue. I had one of those online chats with the Arlo people, who told me to re-synch the cameras with the main unit, which didn't help. Anyone know a solution to this?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Do you have settings to optimize battery or video quality?

Which specific model? I have been using the 3 pack pro set for 9 months without issue. 2 inside 1 outside. Outside uses more battery due to motion.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I have the Arlo cams and I researched the rechargeable batteries and found what you did.

Multiple reports of very ahort battery life. I decided to go with non rechargeable and I have been getting many months usage out of the replacements.

Four outside cams with a good amount of motion activation. I also tweaked my image to be more battery friendly.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
I have the Arlo cams and I researched the rechargeable batteries and found what you did.

Multiple reports of very ahort battery life. I decided to go with non rechargeable and I have been getting many months usage out of the replacements.

Four outside cams with a good amount of motion activation. I also tweaked my image to be more battery friendly.

Mine is the Arlo Pro, two outside cameras and one inside. They take a cube-shaped battery and the only ones I see on Amazon are the rechargeable

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah they are cutsie little cameras, easy to install and a couple of other handy features but lack quite a bit in other areas and the battery issue is one and that is the only way they are powered.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
I just bought a five camera set up. Been going strong for two months. All but one are still in the 90% battery range. I do plan on wiring them into an outlet since they are very close to one. One drained itself pretty quick since it is in the garage and it gets activated all the time. I just used the supplied cord and plugged it in and no more draining.
I find the ones that are farther away from the base unit drain quicker. A little hint I head was when you view the camera be sure to click the pause button after you are done viewing to conserve battery life. Also check the settings you can adjust the settings to conserve battery life.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JakiHere
posted Hide Post
same sentiments here. the video quality is good, hands down, but the batteries don't follow. Would adjusting the sensor work for you? I mean the battery life can get affected by how busy the location it's in.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found that there is a setting to optimize battery life. It is in Settings and is a sliding scale. It was set in the middle so I slid it over to the right or optimum battery life and that has made a big difference.I changed the setting abut a 3 weeks ago and it shows no appreciable discharge since then. What I don't understand is that it had been at the mid setting since purchase and it went 4-5 months before I had to recharge the batteries. Once I recharged them the first time, I had to do it monthly after that ?