SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Light fixtures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Light fixtures Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted
I swear to God, there's not a light fixture made today that wouldn't aggravate me to no end assembling and installing.

Fucking electrician installed these led tape lights under the counters when we had our kitchen renovated couple years ago. The weak point is where the connector plugs/clamps onto the tape. It doesn't! I've seen similar systems on computer systems, they seem to work. Is it asking too much for a light fixture to work. These things flicker, dimmer than the others or flat out don't work. Here I am trying to replace them, the replacements are the same chincy ass shit.

God help me if I ever knowingly run across a lighting designer.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Some can be skint off and soldered for a better connection. I haven't tried it though. Search youTube.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Skint”
I haven’t read or heard that word in the 17 years I left North Carolina. Thanks for the memory.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Stop buying tape lights and buy some LED bars..
Are they run through a 12V DC adapter or are they 120 Volt AC?

A couple sellers I buy from;
SuperLEDs

Oznium LEDs

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post