SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Taking people to jail
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking people to jail Login/Join 
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Just heard our jail is now requiring all female prisoners to take a pregnancy test. If positive you have to take them to the hospital for medical clearance.

We've been doing thay for awhile now here. We also need a clearance for taser. Even if its just drive stun. All thanks to the idiot doctors with the medical group the prison contracts too since they don't want to clear. I have yet to figure out the point of having the doctors there then.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
3am. Insane. And I was getting hangry at 10.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smpsmp:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Just heard our jail is now requiring all female prisoners to take a pregnancy test. If positive you have to take them to the hospital for medical clearance.

We've been doing thay for awhile now here. We also need a clearance for taser. Even if its just drive stun. All thanks to the idiot doctors with the medical group the prison contracts too since they don't want to clear. I have yet to figure out the point of having the doctors there then.

To provide employment?

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Here in Eastern NC...we caught them

I would go directly tot he MAgistrate and get the Warrant/Magistrate Order...

walk to the jail (thru 2 doors)

lock up gun

wait till the booking guy would process all the guys paperwork (some people reall type slow)

go in

uncuff 'em

walk around the counter and enterr the same info you gave to the jailer into another computer (this was our "Arrest Sheet" and kept track of who,what,why,where and when he got grabilated by the police

meanwhile the jailer asks the guy a buncha questions

(sometimes the guy admist to wanting to die and ALL BETS ARE OFF-immediate IVC, guess what the jailers cant leave the jail and YOU had to go get the papers)

then they search him and dress him out

then they verify your arrest sheet int he computer

Now all this used to be be done simultaneously with entrance and could get done in less than 15 minutes...

But the Sheriff here had a conniption a few years ago and made the process take longer by having the jailer prepare his stuff before entry is granted....so it can now take an hour per prisoner...

I remember completing the blue sheet for the Magistrate for him while testifying and they guy went to jail in a few short minutes...because the Magistrates knew why we were there..or they knew we would have written a ticket and been on their way.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that bad for me unless it was a DUI. Those took anywhere from 2-4hrs, worse if they burped or barfed. All others took anywhere from 2 minutes (warrant) to about 10 minutes for an average misdemeanor.

I had an advantage though, I worked in the jail before I went to the road, and ended up on the same company / platoon that I worked on in the jail. They always processed my arrests quick, and I usually filled in most of the booking info before they processed mine.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's about thirty minutes on average to book someone. The Deputies have been bitching about a new jail for a while and they somehow feel like it's our fault (city pd). They refuse people for every little medical reason. They rejected a guy for sunburn one time........ no joke!

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
The other LE on here...how does it work for yall?

For an on-sight misdemeanor arrest I drive them to the jail and drop them and their stuff off. I then go write my warrantless arrest affidavit while the jail books them, inventories their stuff, etc. When I'm done a jail supervisor notarizes it and I go serve the arrestee a summons... same as if I had just served him a summons on the street, but now he has to bond out. The booking can't be finished until I write my affidavit because that's what they use to determine bond.

Felony arrest is the same, except no summons because the DA direct files those.

Warrant arrest is just drive up and drop them off.

To be honest we summons and release far more often that we arrest for misdemeanors.

We have to do medical clearances for many things: Scuffle, taser, crash, really drunk... but many things the EMTs will sign off on. If they won't THEN we have to go to the hospital, which is a pain since there isn't a hospital (or clinic, or pharmacy) in the entire county.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I know the local PD hates the drive. it's 30 minutes from here down to Springville where the jail is, then however long it takes to book, and 30 minutes back. if it's rush hour, you're even more screwed.

I don't know how warrants always work, but when the officers I interact with find out a subject I have has a warrant in another city, they'll usually come back and say 'well, West Valley doesn't want to come get you for this warrant, so you're lucky. get it taken care of!"

I've only had one where the other city wanted to come pick up the subject, and the officers were very surprised.

most everyone is cite and release. anyone who has gone to jail, if I've looked them up it's always said "booked out - not holding on this charge."

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I know the local PD hates the drive. it's 30 minutes from here down to Springville where the jail is, then however long it takes to book, and 30 minutes back. if it's rush hour, you're even more screwed.

I don't know how warrants always work, but when the officers I interact with find out a subject I have has a warrant in another city, they'll usually come back and say 'well, West Valley doesn't want to come get you for this warrant, so you're lucky. get it taken care of!"

I've only had one where the other city wanted to come pick up the subject, and the officers were very surprised.

most everyone is cite and release. anyone who has gone to jail, if I've looked them up it's always said "booked out - not holding on this charge."

That's interesting. Here in NC all warrants state-wide are arrestable. Everything is county based, all 100 counties have a jail each, to my knowledge. Our court systems are all the same, state level but held in every county at the county courthouse. No lower courts. So if a detective from city A takes out a warrant for Joe Blow for the lowest misdemeanor, and an officer runs Joe Blows name 300 miles away in a different county, off to jail he goes. If he can bond out, he can. If not, a deputy from the county that City A is in will come get him...eventually.

There are times an officer may not arrest on a warrant for a minor offense. It's not technically allowed, but sometimes arresting a mother of three with no local family with the kids in the car for a speeding violation 20 counties away is piss poor customer service.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
That's interesting. Here in NC all warrants state-wide are arrestable. Everything is county based, all 100 counties have a jail each, to my knowledge. Our court systems are all the same, state level but held in every county at the county courthouse. No lower courts. So if a detective from city A takes out a warrant for Joe Blow for the lowest misdemeanor, and an officer runs Joe Blows name 300 miles away in a different county, off to jail he goes. If he can bond out, he can. If not, a deputy from the county that City A is in will come get him...eventually.

There are times an officer may not arrest on a warrant for a minor offense. It's not technically allowed, but sometimes arresting a mother of three with no local family with the kids in the car for a speeding violation 20 counties away is piss poor customer service.

In my state, warrants have extradition (pickup, really) limits placed by the originating agency. In my county, simple misdemeanors are generally "county wide", so the sheriff's office will not go and get them, however we generally will pickup from all of the bordering counties at the county line as a long-standing practice and vice versa. Everything else is based on severity from 100 mile radius to statewide. The pickup range is on the hit. Nationwide entries must be approved on a case by case basis. There aren't many.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post