SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Public service announcement - bath towels should be WHITE only
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public service announcement - bath towels should be WHITE only Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
This is a public service announcement. Bath towels, in your home, should be WHITE. And WHITE ONLY!

So you got blue, brown, pastel, pink, or whatever other colored towels in your bathroom? Nonsense. Throw that shit in the trash and go buy a brand new set of ten white towels.

Why? Because white towels are commonly bleached, and thus, smell wonderfully clean AND are actually clean, when bleached. People are reluctant to bleach colored towels, and they smell like a damn locker room. You wipe your balls, ass, and lady bits on your colored towels, and if not bleached, they smell like balls, ass, and lady bits.

If you have guest in your house, and you give them colored, non-bleached towels, that smells like balls and asses, you are a rude, uncultured son of a bitch.

Rant off. This one has been brewing for a while.

Bleach your damn towels people!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I have found that showering before I use my towels also has a positive affect.

With soap.

Confused Eek Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Uh... There are ways to clean fabrics besides bleaching. Besides, if you're drying off after showering, then the towel should just be collecting primarily clean water.

If your towels smell like balls and ass, even after they've been washed and dried, then you're doing it very wrong.

Do you bleach all of your clothing too? What about your bedding?

Is your entire wardrobe, and all your sheet sets, stark white?

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I dry my bits in THE softest purple towels money can buy Big Grin

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Now that I think about it, your smell-o-meter might be a bit off...

That's probably not balls, ass, and/or lady bits you're smelling on whatever colored towels got you so riled up. It's probably mildew.

Some folks towel off and then toss their sopping wet towels in a hamper, where they sit in that confined space for a week or two until it's time to do laundry. As a result, these old damp towels can get a bit musty/mildewy, and that smell doesn't always fully go away after just a simple wash/dry cycle.

Bleach is one way of getting rid of this mildew smell. But hanging towels up to dry before storing them in a hamper prevents it, and still allows for normal, clean-smelling colored towels without resorting to bleach.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My guest give me compliments about how nice and clean and comfy and nice smelling my (white) towels are. Seriously.

My rant is mostly from traveling and staying in other folks houses and noticing a trend with colored towels.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not only is chlorine bleach an endocrine disrupting chemical, those of us on septic systems should not be using it as it will kill the good bugs in your tank.

I use grey towels and hang them on a towel rack afterwards. In my dry climate, they are dry in a couple of hours and good for the next use. I'll typically use them 2-3 times before washing and drying them. None of them smell funky in the least.

Something ain't right with your towels, but it isn't the color.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do your laundry any way you please, as I shall do mine. If you come to my house, bring your own damn towels.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Uh... There are ways to clean fabrics besides bleaching. Besides, if you're drying off after showering, then the towel should just be collecting primarily clean water.

If your towels smell like balls and ass, even after they've been washed and dried, then you're doing it very wrong.

Do you bleach all of your clothing too? What about your bedding?

Is your entire wardrobe, and all your sheet sets, stark white?

100% what Rogue said.

We have colored towels. Each time I use my towel I hang it up to dry. I go a week or 2 before I wash them as I am clean when I use them. My towels don't stink.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I have found that showering before I use my towels also has a positive affect.

With soap.

Confused Eek Razz

My wife thinks like the OP and I gave her your answer.

We are changing over to all white towels.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'm clean when I use my towels.

And I use detergent when I wash them.

I don't know what you're doing wrong.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a public service announcement. Bath towels, in your home, should be WHITE. And WHITE ONLY!

Racist! Big Grin

quote:
So you got blue, brown, pastel, pink, or whatever other colored towels in your bathroom? Nonsense. Throw that shit in the trash and go buy a brand new set of ten white towels.

How dare you assault a towels gender, they have no choice in the matter, they are made that way and as such, should be treated with respect..

balls, ass or lady bits aside.... Towel Gender is important... Razz

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do your laundry any way you please, as I shall do mine. If you come to my house, bring your own damn towels.

Yeah. I also do not enjoy hearing restaurant horror stories. There are lots of things I would rather not know about. Threads about bathroom behavior micturation, straws, and now laundry. What is next, bizarre sex practices of Congo tribes?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is next, bizarre sex practices of Congo tribes?

This one time, in band camp......

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I LOVE white towels!!

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Dude....white towels don't hide stains....this is why I prefer floral or woodland camo pattern towels. Cool

"wash"....eh.. we ain't got time for that fancy shit.

But in all seriousness, one thing I have found is if you do not dry them thoroughly before putting them away they will smell like a bad mop....my MIL does this

I just toss them back in the hamper and rewash and dry them

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
What is next, bizarre sex practices of Congo tribes?

Jungle meat....heheheheheheh, it's all fun and games until either the monkey bites you or you catch Ebola

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How do towels even get dirty, let alone stinky? You were clean when you dried yourself off with it, so it only gets damp. They do start getting a little "crusty" after a couple of weeks if you have hard water. I wash my one towel once a week.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Even though you just showered, I think towels still exfoliate a bit. YMMV. As such, my racist towels get washed and bleached in hot water for a long cycle with an extra rinse. No bacteria or mites for me. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's probably more about laundry skills than towel color.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post