SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Public service announcement - bath towels should be WHITE only
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public service announcement - bath towels should be WHITE only Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine are tan. I like them big. I rotate them every other shower. Works for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If you're uptight about towels when you travel...

Bring your own.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I thought only my Grandmother did that. Do you also have plastic coverings on your furniture and car seats?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
and if not bleached, they smell like . . . lady bits.

I consider this a benefit!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get out of the shower that is the cleanest my body will ever be.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
and if not bleached, they smell like . . . lady bits.

I consider this a benefit!

I dunno, I'd be slightly suspicious and mildly concerned if my towel smelled like lady bits.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
I concur with the white towel rule. Bath towels should be white and bleached, no softeners. If you want colored decorative towels, fine, but what I dry my body with should be white and bleached with every wash.

My mother had colored towels and they ended up getting scratchy after the softener built up in the fabric, they didn't dry you they pushed the water from your skin, and they smelled once water hit them. I hated it.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Why are towels white in luxury hotels? Because they can be bleached, that is sanitized.
Doesn’t matter so much what they smell like, knowing they’ve been bleached is reassurance.
Your guests deserve the same.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I am afraid the OP has an upper lip odor issue...

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Not only is chlorine bleach an endocrine disrupting chemical, those of us on septic systems should not be using it as it will kill the good bugs in your tank.

I use grey towels and hang them on a towel rack afterwards. In my dry climate, they are dry in a couple of hours and good for the next use. I'll typically use them 2-3 times before washing and drying them. None of them smell funky in the least.

Something ain't right with your towels, but it isn't the color.

You aren't really going to hurt the septic system with the amount of bleach used in laundry. It's just not enough to do anything.

In any case I recommend using Borax or washing soda once in a while.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12420 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

I recommend using Borax or washing soda once in a while.
Especially if your girl friend's father is coming to visit!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not only is chlorine bleach an endocrine disrupting chemical, those of us on septic systems should not be using it as it will kill the good bugs in your tank.

This ^^^^^

At least the septic system bit. We use very, very little bleach, for that reason.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

This ^^^^^

At least the septic system bit. We use very, very little bleach, for that reason.

You would have to pour gallons of bleach at once to have any effect. It's one of the cheapest sanitizers available and I hate to see people spending extra money because they think bleach
will hurt the septic.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12420 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

I recommend using Borax or washing soda once in a while.
Especially if your girl friend's father is coming to visit!

ROFL. He is coming to the wedding we are going to. So not staying with either of us. We will all be in NH for a few days.

These go to eleven.