SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Public service announcement - bath towels should be WHITE only
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public service announcement - bath towels should be WHITE only Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm fond of brown towels and wash cloths...you don't even have to wash them...EVER! Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I'd like to add a rant to the rant.

To all of the houses I've stayed in lately - Stop putting fabric softener on your towels. It's an oily substance that makes them less absorbent. If I wanted to dry off with a greasy rag, I'd shower in the garage.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In our house towels with color or decoration are for "display purposes only".
The bleached towels whatever the color, usually white or off white, come out of the closet at bath time.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'll typically use them 2-3 times before washing and drying them.

Something ain't right with your towels, but it isn't the color.

This.

During the summer when it's really humid here my towels will take a lot longer to hang dry. So I tend to rotate them more often as after the third day you will start to notice a musty smell.

If some towels are further along in the mustiness smell (my son likes to NOT hang his towel after each shower Roll Eyes ) I will run them twice in a row, once using apple cider vinegar and then the second time with some detergent and baking powder. I won't use fabric softener with towels.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I very strongly agree. I got with grey or green usually. My towels don't smell like ass because I only use them AFTER I shower using soap...

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are these things called hotels. Oh, never mind Smile

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I'm fond of brown towels and wash cloths...you don't even have to wash them...EVER! Big Grin

Some of my best towels are brown.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
This thread gave me some good chuckles.

Not quite Taco Bell Haiku good...but good.

I really miss the Taco Bell Haiku thread.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Please don't visit my house.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Please don't visit my house.

Yeah... You don't want your towels smelling like balls and ass afterwards. Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In our house towels with color or decoration are for "display purposes only".

I thought only my Grandmother did that. Do you also have plastic coverings on your furniture and car seats?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
You wipe your balls, ass, and lady bits on your towels, and if not bleached, they smell like balls, ass, and lady bits.

Hey now Bruce Caitlyn, I don't have any lady bits. Why no love for Frank? Big Grin

There are bleach alternatives that are safe for colors. Wink

Remember, colors and prints can be fabulous and whites after Labor Day are just tacky. Smile

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Only white towels and sheets for me too. I love the smell of cleaned and bleached towels and sheets. I do run them a second time with no soap or bleach to mild the bleach smell a bit though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
balls n ass
worst cologne , ever!

if I were in 6th grade , I'd ask
how do You know what balls n ass smell like ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Add VINEGAR to the wishy washy machine. I put it in the softener dispenser when washing towels.
After washing this way, then I run a 2nd wash, water only, no soap etc, using the Quick Wash Setting on my machine.

EDIT for clarification. My towels don't get dirty dirty. I run a regular normal full wash cycle with just a little detergent and add some vinegar to the softener dispenser. After this is done, I run a Quick Wash cycle with water only.

And don't use fabric softener on towels!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Male: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Female: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Male: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Female: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

Male: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Female: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!

Male: Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again.

It's a good day when you can use a quote from Airplane!.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Not a white towel, sheet, washcloth, dishrag, dishtowel...nothing - in my house.

I don't plan on surrendering.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
If you're clean when you get out of the shower, then why would your towels ever need laundering in the first place? Razz

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
May I add to the rant, please do not give your guest (me) a towel that is as scratchy as sandpaper. Of course if you are using such towels yourself then such is life. You will enjoy life more if you use a nice soft towel.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
I'd like to add a rant to the rant.

To all of the houses I've stayed in lately - Stop putting fabric softener on your towels. It's an oily substance that makes them less absorbent. If I wanted to dry off with a greasy rag, I'd shower in the garage.
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Add VINEGAR to the wishy washy machine. I put it in the softener dispenser when washing towels.
After washing this way, then I run a 2nd wash, water only, no soap etc, using the Quick Wash Setting on my machine.

EDIT for clarification. My towels don't get dirty dirty. I run a regular normal full wash cycle with just a little detergent and add some vinegar to the softener dispenser. After this is done, I run a Quick Wash cycle with water only.

And don't use fabric softener on towels!
It's been 5+ years since I bought fabric softener after reading a thread on Sigforum. I've been using vinegar instead of fabric softener, and the benefits are that it's much cheaper and towels actually absorb water. There is zero carry through on the vinegar smell.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post