SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thin t-shirts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thin t-shirts Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I hate'em. Give me good old fashioned t-shirt made out of heavy fabric, with a neck that doesn't stretch out the first time you wear it. They're getting too hard to find anymore.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I’m starting to like thin t-shirts as I don’t like being hot and stay cooler in them.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Buy some Carhartt T-shirt’s. The run of the mill T-shirts at Wally World are crapola.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Buy some Carhartt T-shirt’s.
I like my Carhartt t-shirts, but have come to like my Duluth long tail t-shirts even better.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Russell t-shirts that are 20 years old and still wearable. Them days are over, everything made by Russell now is crap. I wear Carhartts until the neck frays out.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Deluth

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear thin Tshirts made out of CoolMax. Get that sweat off me. No cotton for me.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Duluth long-tails. I think they make a shorter (i.e., "normal") length one too.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sure those brands are good but for inexpensive good thick white cotton t shirts you can’t beat Kirkland brand from Costco.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I wear thin Tshirts made out of CoolMax. Get that sweat off me. No cotton for me.

I bought a couple and find them comfortable but impossible to get stains out of.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading offers excellent quality, heavyweight t-shirts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

This ^^^^

Been wearing either Under Armour or 32 Degrees tees. The UA stuff is better, but hella expensive for daily wear, so mostly 32 Degree Cool tees.

Much cooler than even no t-shirt at all, because it keeps fabric that holds moisture (e.g.: cotton) off your skin.

I've taken to wearing Reebok performance briefs for the same reason. Saw 'em at Sam's Club one day and thought they'd be superior during workouts. They were. Then, one day, it occurred to me: "If performance tees make better undershirts than cotton, might not the same apply to undershorts?" Sure did. Super-comfortable and prevents swamp crotch in warm weather.

quote:
Originally posted by P210:
I bought a couple and find them comfortable but impossible to get stains out of.

I've yet to have gotten a stain on either my UA or 32° stuff that wouldn't come out, at least until you can't see it under casual observation, with some cool water, hand soap, and vigorous scrubbing. Blood, grease, dirty oil, mud, food, incl. tomato-based stuff.

Correction: There was something I missed until it'd set for a bit. My wife got it out, whatever it was.

I think the white 32° tees tend to yellow in the pits over time, but it takes a couple or more years. My tees, in regular wear, are about ready to be replaced, by then, anyway. No matter what the material.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Don't like thin tee shirts? Depends on who's wearing them.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, these are pretty nice.

I think this thread lacks distinction between t-shirts worn under a shirt (thin is great) vs. those worn as a primary outer garment (thin not as great or helpful, IMHO). Wimmens not included.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I think this thread lacks distinction between t-shirts worn under a shirt (thin is great) vs. those worn as a primary outer garment (thin not as great or helpful, IMHO).

True.

I assumed the OP was talking about outer shirts. Who wants thick undershirts, especially in warmer weather?

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm talking about outer t-shirts, the kind with designs and prints on them. Like you'd buy from somewhere cool on vacation. I recently bought a NASA shirt from KSC, and another shirt in Cocoa Beach, and I can't stand either of them, although they do accentuate my moobs.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Wrangler Riggs pocket t-shirts for probably ten years or so. Thick cotton with the perfect fit for me. I still have some of the original ones that I bought ten years ago and they are still going strong.

Lately, though, depending on which country they are made in, the quality seems to be diminishing. I recently ordered some on Amazon. Several were of similar quality to the originals and some of them were a completely different experience. It pisses me off when a company's QA allows this crap.

I just ordered one of the Duluth ones. We'll see what it's like.

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ditto Duluth.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Yeah I'm talking about outer t-shirts, the kind with designs and prints on them. Like you'd buy from somewhere cool on vacation.

I've got a whole pile of such t-shirts. And a couple or three tank tops. I don't wear 'em any more and I don't buy 'em any more, because the only thing I'll wear is performance fabrics.

I'm thinkin' of having all those special t-shirts made into a t-shirt quilt, like I saw on Rules Of Engagement.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only T-shirts, but sweatshirts as well. I have some that are 15 years old with holes in them that are warmer than brand new ones.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post