SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Refusing paying customers just doesn't seem like a sound business plan ...

you should see what goes on , out here on the plains , in the brick and mortar stores.

its a crying shame that people do not take more pride in how they conduct business with the general public.

customer service, comfort , convenience, Hell just old fashioned deportment are half way out the door

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 49079 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
We can't have it both ways.

If the fast food places are forced to pay their employees $15.00 / hour, we will see higher prices.

If the fast food restaurant owners need to clamp down on their labor costs, we will see more and more automated ordering kiosks.

Pick one. Higher prices? Self-service kiosks?

Personally, I would gladly pay 10-20% more for fast food that's a higher quality and for service. The size of the meat patty on the regular cheeseburgers at all of the big 3 is totally laughable nowadays. I'd gladly pay $1.50-2 a cheeseburger if the hamburger patty was the size it used to be 5 or so years ago instead of a $1 or whatever. If I'm on the run and driving I prefer a couple of regular cheeseburgers over a 1/4 lber or other as they're easier to eat without spilling anything.

Posts: 18809 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Just went to get something from McDonald's. Waited for 3-4 minutes, no one asked me what I wanted so I asked an employee to take my order. She walked over to the touchscreen thing and insisted I use it.

Our new motto: "Turn the customer into an employee, and then they're not always right!" Wink

Posts: 12761 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
We can't have it both ways.

If the fast food places are forced to pay their employees $15.00 / hour, we will see higher prices.

If the fast food restaurant owners need to clamp down on their labor costs, we will see more and more automated ordering kiosks.

Pick one. Higher prices? Self-service kiosks?

Personally, I would gladly pay 10-20% more for fast food that's a higher quality and for service. The size of the meat patty on the regular cheeseburgers at all of the big 3 is totally laughable nowadays. I'd gladly pay $1.50-2 a cheeseburger if the hamburger patty was the size it used to be 5 or so years ago instead of a $1 or whatever. If I'm on the run and driving I prefer a couple of regular cheeseburgers over a 1/4 lber or other as they're easier to eat without spilling anything.

Here in the Bellingham area we have a 13.50 minimum wage and a cashier at McDonald's still takes your order.

20% more is overly optimistic.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I looked up the price of a "big breakfast with hotcakes" at the Bellingham WA, King Street McDonald's and the El Paso, TX Paisano Drive McDonald's.

Bellingham $6.69
El Paso $4.19

So, the mandatory $13.50 minimum wage and courteous smiling cashier's result in alot more than 20%. From $4.19 to $6.69 is about a 59.666% increase.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken226,

Machine Shop
07/02

Posts: 1434 | Location: Top Left Corner | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 38 percent increase is still insignificant on a low priced item. If you are feeding a large family on fast food that could be a problem.

Posts: 7259 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
A 38 percent increase is still insignificant on a low priced item. If you are feeding a large family on fast food that could be a problem.

I edited my post. 38% was a guess. I actually used a calculator this timeSmile

From $4.19 to $6.69 is a 59.666% increase.

Jeeze. My basic math sucks this morning.

Machine Shop
07/02

Posts: 1434 | Location: Top Left Corner | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife encountered the same situation at a Wendy's in Williamsburg, Va the other day. Employee refused to take her order at the counter and insisted she use the touch screen on the other side of the restaurant. She walked out. It's depressing that people are acquiescing to this like sheep.

Posts: 2026 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the touchscreens have pictures for their illiterate patrons? How do they deal with the visually impaired? There is always a way around this stupid stuff if you think hard enough.

Posts: 7259 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
My wife encountered the same situation at a Wendy's in Williamsburg, Va the other day. Employee refused to take her order at the counter and insisted she use the touch screen on the other side of the restaurant. She walked out. It's depressing that people are acquiescing to this like sheep.

The logical extension of conditioning customers to bus their own tables

Posts: 507 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Do the touchscreens have pictures for their illiterate patrons? How do they deal with the visually impaired?...

What if you have coupons? I just bought a cheap lunch at Burger King, no kiosks there. We also have a sheet of Mickey Ds coupons, but we use the drive through.

Posts: 14253 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
<fake Swedish accent>
"Does have Swedish? English good not..."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 5565 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alinc100
posted Hide Post
Now if you'd like a good burger at a great price with very good service you can stop here:

The burgers are 95cents, beer is cold,mixed drinks are fairly mixed.

I'd rather be armed and unharmed than unarmed and harmed.

Posts: 572 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alinc100:
Now if you'd like a good burger at a great price with very good service you can stop here:

I’ve been there! Great burgers!

Posts: 1127 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was with you until you wrote what you said to the manager.... sorry but you lowered yourself to less than their pay grade with that....

Maybe I'm just from a different time...

and by the way, I went to a college that taught me how to cuss better than most.
"The Military College of South Carolina"

Posts: 1356 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alinc100:

If it's so good, how come there are no cars in the parking lot? Wink

Posts: 12391 | Location: Snowbirding in the RV | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Bingo.

I prefer self checkout - I know I'm in the minority, but at this stage of my life time is more important and I can get in and get out of a store a lot faster using self checkout, so I will use it even when lanes with cashiers are open.

Fast food? I almost always use the drive thru, but if I do go in on the rare occasion I welcome an ordering kiosk.

The self checkouts at grocery stores are awesome. They would be more useful if two things were done:
20 item limit. I hate it when someone gets in line with an overflowing cart, and struggles with every barcode.
Have some sort of ID check for alcohol purchases. Facial recognition software is good enough that it should be able to compare the photo on my license to my face. License has a barcode of sorts, scan that to confirm legitimacy.

As far as the fast food kiosks, I’m okay with them. I don’t worry about the germ factor. Door handles, tables, button on soda dispenser, etc. they’re all dirty and we touch them.
Now if I modified my food in any way, I don’t know if I would like the fast food kiosk.

I also find humor and irony in this thread. People are horrified about touching the filthy kiosk, but chime in on the “remove shoes at home” thread in defense if tracking filth through the house. I’m just baffled. Refuse to touch a public touchscreen, but don’t think twice about tracking anything and everything through your home.

quote:
Balzé Halzé:
now I see that you're about as bright as a black hole, and twice as dense. Good lord.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 1538 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Our work cafeteria just went to all digital ordering. You can order from your desk for pick up in 15 minutes. You can show up and use the touch screen. But you can't show up and use cash. You have to purchase a café debit card and then use it in the touch screen or call in. The issues we've started discovering is that once you order it is put in the queue, then put on the shelf. If you get a phone call or visitor, etc. your order sits there til you claim it. Unless someone else decides they like yours better. And it's the 'honor system' for getting your drink. What could possibly go wrong?

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." Mike Rowe
NRA Life Member

Posts: 6569 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I also find humor and irony in this thread. People are horrified about touching the filthy kiosk, but chime in on the “remove shoes at home” thread in defense if tracking filth through the house. I’m just baffled. Refuse to touch a public touchscreen, but don’t think twice about tracking anything and everything through your home.

Seriously, that's exactly right, bet the same folks bitching about tech screens were the same ones encouraging companies to invest in the tech in order to eliminate jobs because of $15 an hour minimum laws.

Probably same ones bitching about the sub par employee level at these locations not getting orders right and now want them taking the order.

You know, "they F-you at the drive in!!" kinda comments LOL.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 14311 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yesterday between jobs I decided to do the drive through at a McDonalds... only because as of late they are fast... too fast even....

I pull up to the speaker and what I get is to listen to some woman talking on the phone to a friend about her boyfriend for about a minute... I said "hello?" a couple of times but got no response and finally decided it was better to just drive off....

now here is the extra funny part.. I drive down the road about a mile and go through another Maceedees ... pull up to the speaker tell them what I want...no cars in front of me pull up to the pay window hand the woman the exact amount and then head toward the pick up window and that person has my bag of burgers already stuck out and waiting....

Posts: 1356 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s how they hire and manage. You have to be willing to fire people even if that means you are covering some shifts. My buddy owns a pizza, sub, salad franchise. Their employees are good but they, the two owners, split their time and make a lot of appearances. It shows.

Posts: 2469 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post