SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Never happened for me and I do special order every time. Chick-fil-A sandwich, no pickles, add bacon and pepper jack. They have gotten it right 100% of the time.

I never considered adding bacon to my Chick-Fil-A. Clearly this situation must be remedied, otherwise, I am part of the problem.

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3076 | Location: California | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
sigalert,

I suggest you remedy that situation as soon as possible. Fried chicken + bacon = yum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 17311 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Damn. That does sound good.

Posts: 11919 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Germs on the touch screen should be the least of your problems. The employees making your food wear gloves but that is so they don't get their hands dirty. I have seen restaurant workers mess with their hair, pull up their pants, and pick a piece of garbage off of the floor, with the same pair of gloves used to make a sub.

The only time I go to McDonalds is to pick up something for my crew if they specifically request it. When I went in and stood in front of the ordering kiosk for the first time, I must have looked confused. Surprisingly, an employee came over and entered my order for me. Usually, I just order on my phone and they bring the food to me at my truck.

Posts: 3043 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's
Count your blessings.

Posts: 23777 | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Hahaaha

Posts: 8971 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The chick fill a by me is always full of nice people, but they get the order wrong about 50% of the time.

Never happened for me and I do special order every time. Chick-fil-A sandwich, no pickles, add bacon and pepper jack. They have gotten it right 100% of the time.

Why didn't you go to CF instead of McD in the first place.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'd have done the same. I won't do touch screen ordering, it's too slow. There's also the gross factor.

The Orbit Cafe at Kennedy Space Center had touch screens the last time we were there. It took 7 minutes to put the order in for 5 people. At the end of the process, I couldn't figure out how to get our annual pass holder discount and the woman that told me I had to use the touch screen in the first place, then told me you can't get the discount at the touch screen and I would have to use a human cashier. [Face Palm] The whole process with the human cashier took 2 minutes.

To me the main problem seems to be, you have giant screen but you can only select one item or option at a time. I should, while selecting my drink for example, be able to on one screen; select my beverage, size, and ice option. On one screen, I should be able to select the sandwich I want and any adds or subtracts (ie: add extra patty, subtract pickles). The system should also automatically figure the least expensive configuration. A good cashier, they do exist, will do this: "I rang X, Y, Z up as a meal, because it saves you money."

If they solved that, there's still the gross factor. Maybe they could install wipe stations like the grocery stores in the cart areas.

Posts: 6235 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The chick fill a by me is always full of nice people, but they get the order wrong about 50% of the time.
Why didn't you go to CF instead of McD in the first place.
I will ALWAYS choose Chick-Fil-A over any other fast food place, if that is an option.

Many times, I am busy and I need to get something to eat. If the nearest Chick-Fil-A is 20 minutes away and there are other places much closer, I wind up grabbing something from a close-by Wendy's or Arby's or whatever.

Sometimes when I'm busy, saving time is a higher priority, so I grab some second-rate "food."

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
what do you expect?

Walk in store, place order, pay, get cheap greasy food in a hurry. Not really unrealistic expectations, I don't think?

I fully expect the minimum service as well, even in a "low brow" place like McDonalds.

I love good food of any kind, from Michelin rated restaurants in L.A. and S.F., to hole in the wall dives. High brow to low brow. And I happen to like some of McDonalds offerings. I eat their food maybe six times a year and never regret it. And it is usually for speed and convenience.

And I have yet to use a kiosk at a restaurant of any sorts. Not my style.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 13369 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Our local Costco has the self serving kiosks. I use them with no issues. Haven’t eaten any poop as far as I know.

Posts: 10896 | Location: All over | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Refusing paying customers just doesn't seem like a sound business plan ...

I also refuse to use those disgusting touch screens when I'm going to be using my hands to eat.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 15277 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
First off - very dumb on McDonald's part. If someone wants to give you money, take it. That interaction might be worthy of dropping a line to the franchise owner/operator. That info is usually posted in multiple locations at the restaurant. If I owned the franchise, I would want to know that my manager was doing this.

But...Am I the only one? On the couple of occasions I have used one of the self ordering kiosks I just make a fist, stick the knuckle of my middle finger out and rap the screen to make my order? It really doesn't bother me at all, in fact I like knowing that my order was actually put in the way I want it. Maybe being in the Army and playing sports made me the opposite of a germophobe.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 28684 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Holy Crap I had the EXACT same experience on Thursday. I’ll admit it I love me a McDonalds breakfast burrito meal with a Coke.
So I went to the McDonalds I have written off the drive thru because they always screw up the order. So I went inside. Big sign on each register to use the kiosk. I was pissed the manager would not even speak to me.
I asked why no one was taking orders she just shrugged her shoulders. A bunch of people walked out then to top it off one of the employees kids must have been to sick to go to school because she was all spread out and wrapped up in a blanket laying on a booth.

I was livid and shot off an email survey thing in the parking lot.

Next I went to the grocery and they did not have a single manned checkout line open had to use the freaking U Scan.
I then went to Lowe’s and it was the same thing.

--------------------------------------
Everybody’s got a blank page. A story they’re writing today. A wall that they’re climbing. You can carry the past on your shoulders.
Or you can start over.
Regrets, no matter what you goin’ through. Jesus, He gave it all to save you. He carried the cross on His shoulders. So you can start over.
~NF RealMusic~

Posts: 21795 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Next I went to the grocery and they did not have a single manned checkout line open had to use the freaking U Scan.
I then went to Lowe’s and it was the same thing.

The #Fightfor15 is in full effect. Every retailer is making plans and implementing solutions now in anticipation of having to raise the minimum wage for cashiers and unskilled labor. Retailers are also competing with online businesses that don't have that kind of overhead. With that combination you can expect self checkouts to only grow.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 28684 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fine. Upscale places will continue to offer human interaction. I am willing to pay extra for good service. Sometimes I do not have a choice like going to the DMV. Most of the time there are alternatives.

Posts: 8971 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We can't have it both ways.

If the fast food places are forced to pay their employees $15.00 / hour, we will see higher prices.

If the fast food restaurant owners need to clamp down on their labor costs, we will see more and more automated ordering kiosks.

Pick one. Higher prices? Self-service kiosks?

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
We can't have it both ways.

If the fast food places are forced to pay their employees $15.00 / hour, we will see higher prices.

If the fast food restaurant owners need to clamp down on their labor costs, we will see more and more automated ordering kiosks.

Pick one. Higher prices? Self-service kiosks?

Bingo.

I prefer self checkout - I know I'm in the minority, but at this stage of my life time is more important and I can get in and get out of a store a lot faster using self checkout, so I will use it even when lanes with cashiers are open.

Fast food? I almost always use the drive thru, but if I do go in on the rare occasion I welcome an ordering kiosk.

- John Adams

Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Chik-fil-A impresses me for the service and quality of their food, no touch screens there yet. Another good fast food chain is In-N-Out Burger. In my experience, the food there is good, service excellent, and the restaurants are clean. Unfortunately McDonalds hasn’t figured out how to handle the problem of rising wages in a booming economy, so service is sacrificed as a result.

Posts: 988 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I don’t use touchpads other than the ones that I own and clean on a regular basis...tablet and phone.

My doctor’s office has them on the check in desk right next to a big jug of hand sanitizer. Nope, not using them.

Posts: 12435 | Location: EZ Acres, in the Western NC Mountains. | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post