SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Chick-Fil-a or the Whataburger across the street from me. Friendly person to person orders taken at both places.

All other fast food joints can go piss up a rope.

Yup.
Every time I go to a Chick-Fil-A I am floored by the exceptionally trained and courteous staff and my food is always delicious. Can't say I've ever had a negative experience there.
Every fast food restaurant should take a lesson.

Posts: 8722 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah, me neither - I don't do the touchpad order thing.
I don't use the self check out at Lowes or HD unless I have to.
Technology should be a useful tool not a crutch.
Saddens me and I am in the Tech Biz. Frown

Same. I design the fiber optics in the ground to make all this happen for everyone, just on the Corp side now instead of the carrier side. Degrees, certs and decades of otj and hard work. I get off work fuck a touch screen and technology for technology sakes. All that is, is a greedy ass company trying to lay more people off. The touch screen machines at the grocery store work like shit with a full basket. There is isn’t room enough to stick my bags so the machine starts bitching like I’m trying to steal something. You are in tech biz, it’s a damn box, don’t care what it is. Layer 1 - 7 I can get a tune out of the trombone and it’s this silly shit. Just going to become more prevalent too. I’d be happy to back to 2002, designing optical rings, carrying a flip phone and using internet at home or in those only.

lex talionis

Posts: 9756 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Do the right thing. Call corporate and get that manager’s day ruined. Much more effective than a “fuck you” she can simply brush off.

I caught some shit attitude from some half-a-deck at Carl’s Jr. drive-thru about a year ago. She ran up to the window and held a bag out and huffed “is this your order?” I went to open my mouth to speak and before I could get a word out, she repeated herself rising in pitch and aggression, and then did it again. Three times in rapid succession. I paused a second, peeled my sunglasses off, and stared her right in the eye and said “excuse me?” She repeated herself again and I said “I dunno, lemme check.” So I did. It was, so I drove off.

Called corporate when I got home, and fifteen minutes after I got off the phone, the franchise manager called me directly to apologize. Then she called me back the next day let me know that employee got a verbal and written warning and that it was her final warning. They replaced my whole order for free and gave me a voucher for a free meal.

Shit rolls down hill. Start at the top and let them drizzle it down on her. She can ignore you, she can't ignore them, and they won't ignore you.

I called from the parking lot. I did not leave my number for the owner to follow up. I don't want a coupon for a free Big Mac and it's no where near my house.

As I was on the phone a couple that walked in as I walked out was leaving without food and I asked them if they refused to take the order, they answered that they didn't get to that point because it smelled like shit in the store. So I asked customer service rep if she heard that, two more customers walked out without placing an order. Suggested she should get ahold of franchisee quickly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 15544 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
They were doing you a favor, looking out for your health and all...

You're going to see more and more of this type of automation as the mandatory $15/hour wage kicks in.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2359 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
she probably did you a favor!

That said, almost all fast/fast casual restaurants have apps you can use to order and have your food waiting when you get there

Those apps are for people that like cold food. No thank you.

Normally I would agree but I found that if I order from the parking lot then go in I can bypass the line, any interaction/stress and just grab my order as soon as it is ready...works like a charm at Chipotle!

Posts: 3886 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Good man, Jesse.

Posts: 11494 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Stop eating fast food ...

[/url]

What's wrong with the guy wanting a reasonable level of service from a real person?

Posts: 23227 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^Is the first post after the op a record? Smile

—————————
Indefatigably succinct.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The chick fill a by me is always full of nice people, but they get the order wrong about 50% of the time.

- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 9369 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^Is the first post after the op a record? Smile

'Round these parts for contrarians? Nah, it's tradition. Big Grin

This is not at all a shot at you, Rogue. It's just the way it is. Shit, Sigmonkey smoked me on the first post last week and he's a guy I'd show up to help out if he needed it and it was all in good fun. Wink

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The chick fill a by me is always full of nice people, but they get the order wrong about 50% of the time.

Never happened for me and I do special order every time. Chick-fil-A sandwich, no pickles, add bacon and pepper jack. They have gotten it right 100% of the time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 15544 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to get McDonalds attention file a complaint with the local Health Dept. about touch screens with obvious Fecal matter on the screen. nce they do an inspection and swab the screen and actually find fecal matter that manager is going to have some explaining to do.

BTW, many surveys have shown that a significant portion of the population do NOT wash their hands after using a toilet so it's a near certainty that any public touch screen WILL test positive for Fecal Matter. Think about that next time you use an ATM.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 4409 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like McDs fries. Last summer I was in a local McDs and once I sat down, a large squadron of flies began multiple sorties on my Quarter Pounder. I am not bug phobic and even the occasional Cockroach does not freak me out. But flies? Nope. I cornered the Manager about her air force and she said.... "Well, we have a hard time killing them".
I did a little research and located the franchise owner and emailed him with a plan to chat with the Health Dept about the situation. A week later I re-visited the place. Fly free.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 9808 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
If you want to get McDonalds attention file a complaint with the local Health Dept. about touch screens with obvious Fecal matter on the screen. nce they do an inspection and swab the screen and actually find fecal matter that manager is going to have some explaining to do.

BTW, many surveys have shown that a significant portion of the population do NOT wash their hands after using a toilet so it's a near certainty that any public touch screen WILL test positive for Fecal Matter. Think about that next time you use an ATM.

Making false claims is not the right way to go about anything. As someone who spent a lot of years working in restaurants, I have about the lowest possible opinion of this sort of tactic. Call corporate, be honest. Don’t be a dick and simply lie. If you see shit smeared the screen, hey, call immediately. But what you’re suggesting is pretty low, man.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Chick-Fil-a yesterday in Oregon ---- went to the drive through and a REAL LIVE PERSON approached my car in the line of cars, handed me a printed menu, and took my order on some tablet thing. Even did the credit card transaction. When I got to the window, I grabbed my order and went. Couldn't be happier.

Posts: 8432 | Location: The Beaver State | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Try to order a hot dog. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Columbia, Illinois | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Funny...they tried to force that touch screen at a renovated location. They took them out after a few months because people kept screwing up the order. They threw out so much food.

If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.

Posts: 949 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a chicken lover, but I love Chick- Fil-A mostly because of the people. We have two near us and I go there several times a day for just drinks for the wife and me.

Almost all the time, they have two employees in the Drive Thru line taking orders. It's fast, they are competent and very polite and only once has our order been messed up. My wife's Breakfast sandwich came with chicken instead of bacon. Actually, I think I misordered, but I'd like to keep my wife thinking I am perfect.

Bob

Posts: 612 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

The places I originally wanted to go to were jammed with people on tour buses. There must have been a sporting event going on or something. Anyway, there were still a good dozen cars in two lines, yet I moved through relatively efficiently (I still don't know how they kept track of which car was which), they got my order right (no ketchup), they were professional, and my burger was plump, juicy and fresh, just like it looks in the pictures. I couldn't do that kind of work, with endless, repetitive, but still precise tasks under time pressure. I'm fairly sure that if I tried it there would be food stuck to the ceiling.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Almost all of these jobs will be replaced by a touch screen in a few years and I'd prefer it that way myself.
Actually, maybe an app on my phone so I don't have to touch someone else's screen.
many of the functions in preparing and wrapping the food will go that way too. That's also a good thing as I see it.
I don't go to those places for fine dining and don't care to interact with the meth addicts and others that mostly staff them now.
Chick Fil A is much better but the ordering process could be a touch screen there too.

Posts: 5670 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post