SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Store manager refused to take my order at McDonald's Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Just went to get something from McDonald's. Waited for 3-4 minutes, no one asked me what I wanted so I asked an employee to take my order. She walked over to the touchscreen thing and insisted I use it. After telling her multiple times no I'm not going to do your job for you and I'm not touching that screen I asked for the manager, Maria I think. She also refused to take my order, I said I've never been in a McDonald's that refuses to take a customer order. After a bunch of back in forth I had it and told her fuck you, that's why you are going to be replaced with a robot, and she just said I don't care, and I left. Not my best moment, but I don't deal with illogical very well. Even if my request was really abnormal (place a take out order) she should have said yes sir, no problem.

Great now I'm walking into taco Bell next door, yuck.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 15544 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Stop eating fast food, and problems like this diminish to near-zero. I guarantee that there are plenty of family-owned restaurants (or even classier chain restaurants) in the Loudon County area that can handle quick takeout orders. Especially if you plan ahead and call in an order while you're heading that direction.

Similar price. Similar speed. Better quality food/service. And no temptation to curse at employees.

Posts: 24111 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mgr. doesn’t care, she’ll go on unemployment and get any and all benefits provided.

Did you make the owner or corporate aware of these imbeciles?

Posts: 3643 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
On the rare occasions that I go to McDonald's I find that the User Interface for the touch screen stations was probably programmed by the low bidder, who has absolutely no idea about designing human interface.

If I try to use the thing to order a burger with no lettuce, extra onion, I might need an employee's help. Several times.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 22504 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I’m NOT touching that nasty filthy touch screen to place my order.

It’s probably got snotty germs and fecal material on it.

No!

Just take my order please.

Posts: 8331 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Is drive-thru still a thing at that restaurant?

Posts: 6304 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this might be a stupid question, but in all honesty, and looking at the big picture, what do you expect?

It's McDonalds, not NASA or John Hopkins.

Maybe things might be different in a McDonalds in a small town, in a nice area. However, I don't think McD's is reaching for the fruit on the top of the tree when it comes to hiring.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 5969 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
what do you expect?

Walk in store, place order, pay, get cheap greasy food in a hurry. Not really unrealistic expectations, I don't think?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 15544 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, me neither - I don't do the touchpad order thing.
I don't use the self check out at Lowes or HD unless I have to.
Technology should be a useful tool not a crutch.
Saddens me and I am in the Tech Biz. Frown

Posts: 17682 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
what do you expect?

Walk in store, place order, pay, get cheap greasy food in a hurry. Not really unrealistic expectations, I don't think?

Not at all... Actually, rather realistic.
Unfortunately, McD's, and most chain fast food places have degenerated into what is slowly becoming that movie "Idiocracy". I stay way away from those places unless I absolutely have to. I unfortunately expect shitty food, idiots making it, morons managing it and to be bogged down in a line.

I want to say 70% of my meals at work are take out at a restaurant of some type. Occasionally, if it's slow, I actually get to sit down at a table and eat. So I know what you're going through. It's a sad state of affairs at places like McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell... I try to avoid it as much as possible.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 5969 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Did you get your EXTRA BIG-ASS FRIES?

Posts: 8719 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
what do you expect?

Big Grin

you have answered your own question

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 49079 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Do the right thing. Call corporate and get that manager’s day ruined. Much more effective than a “fuck you” she can simply brush off.

I caught some shit attitude from some half-a-deck at Carl’s Jr. drive-thru about a year ago. She ran up to the window and held a bag out and huffed “is this your order?” I went to open my mouth to speak and before I could get a word out, she repeated herself rising in pitch and aggression, and then did it again. Three times in rapid succession. I paused a second, peeled my sunglasses off, and stared her right in the eye and said “excuse me?” She repeated herself again and I said “I dunno, lemme check.” So I did. It was, so I drove off.

Called corporate when I got home, and fifteen minutes after I got off the phone, the franchise manager called me directly to apologize. Then she called me back the next day let me know that employee got a verbal and written warning and that it was her final warning. They replaced my whole order for free and gave me a voucher for a free meal.

Shit rolls down hill. Start at the top and let them drizzle it down on her. She can ignore you, she can't ignore them, and they won't ignore you.

Posts: 11494 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she probably did you a favor!

That said, almost all fast/fast casual restaurants have apps you can use to order and have your food waiting when you get there

Posts: 3886 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
she probably did you a favor!

That said, almost all fast/fast casual restaurants have apps you can use to order and have your food waiting when you get there

Those apps are for people that like cold food. No thank you.

—————————
Indefatigably succinct.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah, me neither - I don't do the touchpad order thing.
I don't use the self check out at Lowes or HD unless I have to.
Technology should be a useful tool not a crutch.
Saddens me and I am in the Tech Biz. Frown

I'm with you 100%. I refuse to use them no matter where there are.

Posts: 312 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I know this might be a stupid question, but in all honesty, and looking at the big picture, what do you expect?

Then why ask it? Last time I checked, he’s still a paying customer even if it is McDonald’s.

One thing I’ve noticed, customer service has taken a huge nosedive the last 5-10 years with more and more Zoomers entering the workforce. I have personally witnessed them take pleasure in pissing off customers.

—————————
Indefatigably succinct.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I'll take ANY type of automated checkout or order system over having to deal with a dumb ass employee any day. I guess I'm just not a human interaction kind of guy.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chick-Fil-a or the Whataburger across the street from me. Friendly person to person orders taken at both places.

All other fast food joints can go piss up a rope.

"Never have sympathy for insurance companies...the sons of bitches don't deserve it." - Attorney friend.

Posts: 7094 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Do the right thing. Call corporate and get that manager’s day ruined. Much more effective than a “fuck you” she can simply brush off.

Better yet, do it right there in front of her...

Edmond

Posts: 10466 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post