SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AZ State taxes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AZ State taxes Login/Join 
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted
Damn you State of Arizona! Just did my taxes and because of my military retirement I owe the state $575 in addition to what I already paid in. At least I get a refund from the Feds.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Come on over to Arkansas. As of this year, there's no state taxes on military pensions.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
AZ has much going for it, but its taxes aren't one of them.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Texas

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Come on over to Arkansas. As of this year, there's no state taxes on military pensions.

As far as I can tell, none in Tennessee. There is no income tax on wages or salaries, but there is one (6% with the first $1250 exempted) on interest and dividends.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arizona, Texas still on my retirement list, but thanks for the info. Arkansas, no. I spent 4 years at Blytheville AFB, that was enough.

Posts: 511 | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Northwest Arkansas (the Ozarks) is worlds away from Blytheville (the Delta).

But I can't blame you. If all I knew of Arkansas was Blytheville, I wouldn't want anything to do with AR either. Wink

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You convinced me, I will google the Ozarks and have a look. See what has changed in 30+ years.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 511 | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ozarks are really nice. My FIL lived in Mountain Home Ar for years before he passed away. It's geared for retirees because there are so many of them there.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Same for Iowa.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Florida: No personal income tax. 6% state sales tax (some counties add maybe 1% or so).

Reasonable property taxes.

Reasonable vehicle registration fees.

Reasonable concealed carry permit fees and laws.

What's not to like? Other than it's cold right now. Had to put a sweatshirt on to take the trash out to the curb for pickup. Not even 70 degrees. Freezing my tush!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's not to like?

Having to buy plywood and store it in anticipation of putting it up on your home's exterior once every couple years? Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Move one state north to NV.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

we pay out the nose for car registration but no unexpected taxes. The devil you know I suppose.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Florida: No personal income tax. 6% state sales tax (some counties add maybe 1% or so).

What's not to like? Other than it's cold right now. Had to put a sweatshirt on to take the trash out to the curb for pickup. Not even 70 degrees. Freezing my tush!

I've lived here in Florida for 30 years. The demographic is RAPIDLY changing. Northerners and Puerto Ricans by the millions flowing in unchecked. That last hurricane dumped hundreds of thousands of them here. Unfortunately, that influx of that many of the free shit brigade, will likely mean Florida is a blue state forever now, like California. And with that, comes higher taxes, more welfare, and shit policies. Not overnight, but its coming.

I'm planning my exit to Texas, Arizona, or out west (Idaho/Wyoming) when it happens. My wife wants to try Alaska, but I think thats crazy.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I've lived here in Florida for 30 years. The demographic is RAPIDLY changing. Northerners and Puerto Ricans by the millions flowing in unchecked. That last hurricane dumped hundreds of thousands of them here. Unfortunately, that influx of that many of the free shit brigade, will likely mean Florida is a blue state forever now, like California. And with that, comes higher taxes, more welfare, and shit policies. Not overnight, but its coming.

I'm planning my exit to Texas, Arizona, or out west (Idaho/Wyoming) when it happens. My wife wants to try Alaska, but I think thats crazy.

Juneau usually has a milder winter than Chicago.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
From what I hear the registration fee system can be gamed by choosing what car you buy. It's better than having to game the income tax by making less.

quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

we pay out the nose for car registration but no unexpected taxes. The devil you know I suppose.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post