SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Moving companies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving companies Login/Join 
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted
Grrrr...wth does guaranteed estimate mean? Delivery window of up to 21 days?

These guys are worse than a plaid jacketed used car salesman with matching white belt and shoes!

I’m about ready to rent a truck/trailer!

Anyone in SE Tennessee wanna help unload?

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Delivery window of up to 21 days?
It means they'll deliver your goods between 2 and 21 days.

Have they done an in-home walk-through to estimate the percentage of a 53' trailer you'll take up? If you'll take up an entire 53' trailer then most of Texas is a 2 day delivery to SE TN. However, if you'll only take up part of a 53' truck then they'll build a plywood wall between your stuff and other people(s) stuff and they'll pick up and drop off multiple loads and yours will arrive within 21 days. Could also include some warehouse time while they're waiting for a driver to have a load nearby. They'll give you a better estimate when it gets closer if you're a partial load.

Here is a partial load example with an owner-operator that worked for a large big name moving company:
  • I moved from Calgary to Houston in 2016 and was only a partial load. I took up the front half of the 53' trailer and they built a plywood wall.
  • The next day the drove to a house in Calgary and loaded the back end of the trailer bound for TN.
  • They delivered to TN first
  • Delivered my stuff to Houston and he now had an empty trailer
  • He drove to Dallas with an empty trailer where he had a crew already packing

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    We recently moved from San Antonio to the NE Atlanta area.

The moving truck showed up here 20 days after they loaded in San Antonio.

Next move, will hire local labor on both ends and drive the truck myself.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I read not too long ago that one of the businesses that consumer protection agencies receive the most complaints on are movers.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
    Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Doubtful...
    Picture of TomS
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by YooperSigs:
    I read not too long ago that one of the businesses that consumer protection agencies receive the most complaints on are movers.

I can sure believe that!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Right up there with car dealers, cell phone service providers, and now added to the list: United Airlines.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Shall Not Be Infringed
    Picture of nhracecraft
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by V-Tail:
    quote:
    Right up there with car dealers, cell phone service providers, and now added to the list: United Airlines and Comcast!.

FIFY Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
    Trump 2024....Save America!
    "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
    Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SW_Sig:
    Next move, will hire local labor on both ends and drive the truck myself.

That is probably the best advice EVER!! For my last three local moves in my area, I hired 3 Men Movers. Hands down THE best money I ever spent on ANYTHING...to include those call girls in Guadalajara that had a suspicious looking adam's apple.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post