SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Hate Cancer and Death!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Hate Cancer and Death!!! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Just lost another friend to cancer... and she was doing so well on her third remission too!

Dammit... I hate the scourge of cancer, and the death of friends way before their time!!! This shit is getting way too frequent lately, and I’m getting tired of it! Damned near ready to stick a barrel under my chin and get it over with than put up with any more of this shit!

Life sucks, and I want out!!! The bottle of whiskey I just drank didn’t help a damned bit, so screw that too!!! Nothing but a waste of money...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Bill. Sucks ass.

While I am assuming (hoping) you are just venting a bit, your talk about ending your own life is concerning.

Please consider talking to a grief-counselor. I wish you comfort and goodness for 2018.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Yeah... just venting.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your losses.

I get it. Your whole OP, I get it.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, trying to find the right words. The only peace and comfort there is especially now is to give your life to the Lord Jesus right now and ask Him to come into your heart. He will give you a peace that surpasses all understanding plus knowing you will be in Glory with Him forever. I've had cancer and I have lost my son back in 2008. That would drive a person to " throw in the towel". But the only way my wife and I made it was the peace we had because we had "GOD in our lives. This is not some religious mambo jumbo stuff to make you feel good. I feel for you brother. Yes, life sucks a lot of time, but...

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Bill. When, and if you see fit to do so, please tell us of your friend.

Death may steal away good people, and those we love, but it cannot steal the goodness of them, nor their memories.

Bless others with the richness of her friendship.

I am sorry for your loss.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
ds1962, my words betray me at this time, but I have given my life to Jesus... many years ago. I live in service to Him the best I can, but I also battle many chronic ailments that only seem to multiply as I age, and depression is one of them. I’m okay most days, and I handle the pain in my neck with a shot or two of whiskey at bedtime since narcotics are a no-go on a regular basis. But when a friend who I thought was doing much better suddenly is reported dead from her cancer, and my brother has terminal cancer so I know what I facing with him.... I don’t know, I just kinda lost it last night! Sorry to worry folks!

Bill R.
North Alabama

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Different things hit us different ways.

What used to get me depressed was being stuck in a job that I hated and I couldn't find a new one. I couldn't just up and quit as I have a mortgage on an upside down house. I thought I'd have to work until the day I died. I know of three people who did that, never enjoyed any retirement. I now your depression is about others and mine is about me. But depression is depression.

But I think we're put in a dark place for a reason. Not out of spite, not as punishment. But to get you through to the other side. When I finally found a new job after 8 years, it turned out to be worse. In the old job, the work itself was the problem, in the new job, the boss was the problem. I quit after six months. But I found out that my 401k in the old job in the 8 years that I toiled there put me over the edge of being able come up with a plan that I don't have to work anymore. I stopped having to work at age 59, totally different from what I had thought when I was going through my depression.

Yes, you might find yourself walking through the valley of the shadow of death. But remember, you're walking through it to get to the other side. Though the waters may come, you will not be overwhelmed. I know how the waters can get scary but keep your wits and remember: you will not be overwhelmed.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and her battle with cancer. It's a long, hard battle and people are fighting it every day.
It's no comfort perhaps but every day countless researchers, doctors, nurses, other people are conducting trials and hopefully coming closer & closer to a cure.

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
that

Thanks for sharing Bill. My prayers are with you and keep perserving one day at a time. That's how we make it with the grace of God.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post