SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    An avid shooter goes to Hell.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An avid shooter goes to Hell. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
When he arrives he’s greeted by a sub-demon who says, “Come with me, I’ll show you around. Everything here is designed for the individual. As an avid long range shooter, this is your range. As you can see by the range chart it extends to infinity, but you can set targets of any size or type at any distance you wish, and remote viewing of the targets. You can also set any environmental conditions you want: The top of Kilimanjaro in Antarctica with a 22 to 43 mile per hour wind at 5:35? Use these controls right here. You can order up any type of rifle with any precision level as well: 416 Rigby with no less than 1/4 MOA precision? Here it is in the locker. And of course, any type of terrain to shoot from or over.”

“Wow! This is not what I expected. What kind of ammunition is available?”

“Ammunition? There is none. That’s the Hell of it.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Way too funny to bury in the What's Your Deal subforum though.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

A cri de coeur; not intended to be funny (not very, anyway). Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaah, I see now. Well, I've been known to find humor where none was intended, which doesn't speak well of me.

Lament away. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

A cri de coeur; not intended to be funny (not very, anyway). Wink

Alas I found it brought forth a chuckle on my end.

Not sure if it is because I reload and have plenty of ammo or because I don't believe in the concept of Hell Razz

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Other people’s laments are very often the source of much of our humor.

As I do so often, my previous comment was more serious than I intended. In truth, of course, I wouldn’t have posted it if I didn’t think more people were going to find it more humorous than lamentable, and a bit of a counterweight to much of what else we have to lament today. So, no, I really have no objection to that’s being the reaction.

And having an adequate supply of ammunition for the foreseeable future (I’ve been shooting at least once a week pretty regularly) takes much of the personal sting out of the cri. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
No beer in Heaven? No ammo in Hell? What's the point of dying?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post