SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Poor Writing, Non-Existant Proof-Reading
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poor Writing, Non-Existant Proof-Reading Login/Join 
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“He who writes carelessly confesses thereby at the very outset that he does not attach much importance to his own thoughts. ” — Arthur Schopenhauer

That quote is going in the syllabi of each of my fall classes. Thank you.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
How many stars does an Air Force Lieutenant Commander have?

What is the color of the boathouse at Hereford?

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It's okay to say shit.

Being half-Irish, I'm more at home with the word with the added 'e' - to me it adds a certain quality of resonance that is missing in the more common spelling. Just say out loud - Total SHIT!! - and then - 'Total SHITE!!'

Ah well, you either get it, or you don't.

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's okay.

The non-irish half of me is English.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once read a police report involving a stolen “six hour” pistol. If it doesn’t immediately translate say it out loud.

Anyone care to guess the manufacturer of the pistol the reporting officer was issued?

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently had a lawyer in Florida recommend we "might could" have our trust updated to meet the State of Florida requirements. This was in their email.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crimp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
How many stars does an Air Force Lieutenant Commander have?

Same amount as a Navy Major.

--Montani Semper Liberi--

Posts: 785 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
I think the OP meant "Non-Existent Proof Reading"
You win the thread

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post