SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Second Moderna Vaccine
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second Moderna Vaccine Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I got the J&J one shot Thursday.

I had a little head ache that night but that was it.

I wanted one of the other shots but I did not have a choice.

No more shots. One shot and done.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I go next Monday to Get #2 of the Pfizer first one i felt a little tired and a slight fever.

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I got my 2nd Moderna COVID-19 shot early morning, 3 days ago. No unpleasant effects other than mild muscle soreness at the injection site.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A reaction is a good thing, your body is building the antibodies to deal with the invader. Some have harsher reactions in the first 24-36 hrs but, do not require admitted medical care, also a good thing. Avoiding hospitalization or, additional prescribed medicine outside of the vaccine is the goal.

The statements about efficacy require a lot of qualifiers and have led to a lot of misunderstanding of how vaccines work. Blanket statements about one vaccine being better than another, resulted in Detroit's mayor shoving his foot in his mouth by refusing one brand over another.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I got my 2nd Moderna COVID-19 shot early morning, 3 days ago. No unpleasant effects other than mild muscle soreness at the injection site.

Same here, but I'm right now only 30 hours since my 2nd shot. I also felt a very slight bit of lethargy later in the day of the shot.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
My cardiologist stated that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are extremely effective. Two weeks after the second shot the protection level is at about 95% and 4 weeks after the second shot it's at near 100%.

Interesting stats I've not heard before re: effectiveness, at least the time frame and near 100% part. Anything from your MD re: the longevity of the claimed effectiveness of those two vaccines?

I continue to wonder about the 'true' longevity of the vaccine's effectiveness, as well as that of the antibody protection in those that have actually had COVID. Claims in the public domain have been seemingly all over the place on both, to even include 'you might need to get a booster every year'! IMO this lack of clarity does not instill confidence! Hopefully things change...

Unfortunately, that something that won’t be known with certainty until enough time passes. There’s just no way around that.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Got my 2nd Moderna shot on Feb 12th. Only side effect was a sore arm. That started about 10 hours after the shot and lasted for 36 hours.

That was my experience with the first injection.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
That was my experience with the first injection.

According to the pharmacy tech at our local Safeway, who is giving all of the vaccinations (#1 & #2), and who is doing this 8 hours/day fully booked, the first shot is more likely to have a lesser reaction than the second. Of course everyone's is different, but in general she has observed this. Her other observation is that the older you are, the less likely it is that your 2nd shot will be more problematic.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone I know who got this shot had very bad reaction to the second one. At least a dozen people in different states. Glad many of you fared better. Getting Pfizer in the eastern panhandle of WV.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
My cardiologist stated that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are extremely effective. Two weeks after the second shot the protection level is at about 95% and 4 weeks after the second shot it's at near 100%.

Interesting stats I've not heard before re: effectiveness, at least the time frame and near 100% part. Anything from your MD re: the longevity of the claimed effectiveness of those two vaccines?

I continue to wonder about the 'true' longevity of the vaccine's effectiveness, as well as that of the antibody protection in those that have actually had COVID. Claims in the public domain have been seemingly all over the place on both, to even include 'you might need to get a booster every year'! IMO this lack of clarity does not instill confidence! Hopefully things change...

Unfortunately, that something that won’t be known with certainty until enough time passes. There’s just no way around that.

Actually, the way around it IS to wait until enough time passes....Especially if you've already had COVID! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Me 2 days after 1st Pfizer shot:

Forgot to brush my teeth & put on deodorant.
At work, went to pee, opened the fridge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are getting our second round of Pfizer’s next week.

First round was a sore arm, mild aches, and some lethargy. Looking forward to getting this second one done and over with.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My ex wife got her second Moderna shot last week and said she felt tired that night and her arm was sore but other than that she felt fine. One of the nurses she works with got really sick after the second one with flu like symptoms.

I signed up to get the vaccine but have no clue when I’ll be eligible. As I figured it’s already been made clear that I’ll have to have one of them in order to get back to my old job.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Pfizer 1 about an hour ago. No side effects so far.

Update: Arm a bit sore next day (as expected). No other problems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16307 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Wife and I had Pfizer #1 yesterday. Slightly sore arm this morning, but no fever and overall fine. #2 in 28 days. Parents had Moderna, second shot was fine for my dad but mom felt like garbage for a couple of days. No choice, Pfizer was what we could get

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second Pfizer this evening . Wife get's hers tomorrow .

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Pfizer 1 about an hour ago. No side effects so far.
Sounds like you're in the clear.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Doc today convinced me that the risk of heart damage from Covid19 was enough to put me over. So I've scheduled my first Moderna shot tomorrow afternoon as reported here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540077084#5540077084

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I've heard a few unsubstantiated reports of TOURETTE'S SYNDROME within the first couple of minutes with the Pfizer vaccine.

In all seriousness, glad everyone is doing ok.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
What he $*###!!!$*** you talking about? Big Grin No Tourette’s here you mo$S$%%T%%^%

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post