SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Second Moderna Vaccine
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second Moderna Vaccine Login/Join 
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Good for you guys. So far no vaccines for us over here in Switzerland. The guys in charge fucked up.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my second Moderna shot about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Yesterday, I had my blood drawn and tested for antibodies to Covid. I DO reflect as "Positive" for antibodies and the results "suggest a recent or prior COVID infection." So the vaccine does work as it should.
Lineman

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I had my second Moderna on Tuesday the 16th of March.

Nurse cautioned me to ride it out and not do meds if I could handle it. That was a mistake I believe.

Shot was at 9:40 am... Achy about 6 that night, tired, and chills started heavy at 11 pm. Took tylenol at 2:45 am, fever of 101, and pulse of 120-30... Remained high, even with slow breathing, counting, calming.. for about 5 hours. normal for me is 65-70. Forced fluids, felt dehydrated.

Bad aches, and nausea. Fever responded to meds, I staggered tylenol and motrin. Temp elevated and chills felt throughout next day. I waited to do tylenol too late Wed night, fever hit again. It broke hard about 3 am Thursday morning.

Took tylenol even though no fever on Thursday, slept great Thursday night, today, I feel almost normal, maybe a bit tired. No meds today.

Only other shot I have reacted to in my life was Typhoid, and it wasn't this bad.

I hope it was worth it.

I am 49.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Got my first Moderna in the middle of January and my second a month later. First shot I could feel the puncture from the needle However it lasted only a day.
Second shot I really felt. I was fatigued, no energy and my joints felt as someone was sticking pins in them. The effects lasted two days.
It was pretty much the same with my wife but the second shot effects lasted three days.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Like ICABOD, my wife had the same after her first and second shots. I only had arm soreness after the first, arm soreness and diarrhia after the second, for a day! Both of us got Moderna!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had COVID (albeit asymptomatic) in December. Got my second Moderna shot last week. No issues. First one was rough, though. Extreme fatigue and lethargy for two days. No real other symptoms. Glad it's over.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the second Pfizer yesterday. Arm is less sore than after the first round. Woke up feeling like my entire body was in a pressure cooker. Tylenol and a nap helped.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 78, my wife is 72. Neither had much reaction to first Moderna shot. After the second shot, I had mild arm soreness, starting the day after and for about the next 36 hours. My wife had chills the night of the shot and severe arm soreness for the next 72 hours. She could barely lift her arm. It has now been 2 weeks since the second shot and after all the Covid hysteria of the last year, I'm ready to party. Now, of course, Fauci and his minions are still telling us what we can and can't do. We can only socialize with the fellow vaccinees and we need to continue wearing masks. At this point, I wear a mask as a courtesy to others and because it's easier than wearing a signboard saying I've been vaccinated. These politicians and people like Fauci, have become much too used to telling us what we can and can't do. Statistically, I now have a less than 5% chance of catching a virus that has about a 1% mortality rate. Screw 'em! I'm going back to living what's left of my life

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NK402,

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
I'm 70, and still work full time. I got my second Moderna yesterday at lunchtime. The pharmacist said I could feel a little beat up. About two hours into my afternoon at work, I went home as I began to feel like my legs were made of lead. Started being chilled, wrapped up in a hoodie and an extra blanket to get to sleep. Up today, no more chills, but my arm keeps telling me "don't move fast". I expect to be back to normal by work on Monday.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Received 1st Pfizer yesterday. Last night it felt like I’d just taken a very hard punch in the arm. Today it feels like the punch is several hours old but only if touched. No other effects.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got my first Pfizer about 9 hours ago, just a sore arm.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mrs.BurtonRW, RN, got her Pfizer course in February. Developed a low grade fever (got close to 100, but not quite). She's sensitive to fevers, so that triggered generalized body aches and fatigue. Started about 12 hours after the injection and lasted maybe 48 hours. After the second injection, she had a similar reaction, but much weaker and a shorter course.

I finished my Moderna course at the beginning of this month. Both injections resulted in a slightly sore arm for a couple of days - nothing else. Honestly, I've had more soreness from a tetanus booster.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Why in the world would anyone volunteer for that????

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
First injection. Moderna. Sore arm only.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
The night after my sister received her second Moderna injection, she had 3-4 hours of uncontrollable shivering from chills that an electric blanket AND a down comforter couldn't help. The next day introduced equilibrium issues followed by fever and headache. Third day she was mostly over everything.

My first Pfizer shot resulted in a sore arm and mild upper body aches the next day. Second shot coming in about a week.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajensen
posted Hide Post
Wife and I both got our second shot on the 12th of March around 1:00 PM. Heard all about the side effects and was well prepared with fluids, blankets, etc. Nothing the first afternoon. The day after, we felt a bit sluggish like we were coming down with something and had a sore arm. Other than that, zero, zip, nada. Felt fine by Sunday.

Posts: 26 | Location: Retired in SC | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
My second Moderna...pretty low key

Shot injection site soreness...maaaybeee a bit tired and mild aches (one day). But nothing like I heard it could be.

Same here.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
medium headache and tired after the second Maderna shot. Lasted two days then fine.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Got my first Pfizer about 9 hours ago, just a sore arm.

Same here. Midday Saturday for the first. Just a sore muscle so far.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Got my 2nd Moderna shot on Feb 12th. Only side effect was a sore arm. That started about 10 hours after the shot and lasted for 36 hours.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post