SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    CBP outsources hiring of its agents to a contractor . . ?!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CBP outsources hiring of its agents to a contractor . . ?!? Login/Join 
posted
The DHS Customs and Border Protection agency has hired Accenture Federal Services to do it's screening for 5,000 new federal law enforcement officers. Then, DHS agreed to stop asking applicants if they had used illegal drugs, before applying. Are you kidding me? CBP Spending $300 million to hire Border Agents

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Accenture and similar firms are far more capable and efficient than most government departments, and they already fulfill boatloads upon boatloads of government contracts as it is, from basic things like facilities management to software to program management.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
Then, DHS agreed to stop asking applicants if they had used illegal drugs, before applying. Are you kidding me?

The military has done this as well.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wrap my head around a law enforcement applicant using illegal drugs. Living in Colorado, our local agencies have had to confront the dilemma with police applicants using legal cannabis. . . . I don't like it, but I understand it. Most agencies here now ask if applicants have used illegal drugs within the past year. Gosh, I miss the good old days. . .

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post