SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got Another Wreck On My Dash Cam
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got Another Wreck On My Dash Cam Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Oh no, the GPS coordinates will give up my rat blasting honey hole!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well that and you have video of the route you took to get there.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hey man, I though you lived in GA in the USA not the one in Russia! Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Hey, that looks like billy john, driving susie ann's car. Heard they just got the last of their meth sold.

But seriously, what a dick. Having helped on a few accidents, for him to just walk away I'm happy they are charging hit and run. Good job on getting the fact he walked away. He'll try to argue it though.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Hard to argue why he was driving with a DUI revocation.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Here's the deer on the treacherous mountain of Jaw Ja this morning.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/dFLE8bwwIOA

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can you wing a departing offender ? legally in GA ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The police department contacted me today and they are mailing my chip back.

The investigating officer said that my video will be instrumental in prosecuting him. He did well over $50,000 in damage plus the medicals while driving on a revoked license.

The car's owner, passenger and he ALL denied he was driving the car, however they thought the officer was bluffing bout the video evidence.

Now I get to point him out in court unless his attorney pleas it out.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Good Job and glad to hear you get your memory card back.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
This time the driver that caused it got out and ran away.

He blew right through a red light and just rammed the cars, then didn't stick around.

Was your typical trailer trash no insurance having hillbilly that had warrants.

This will be the THIRD chip that will be taken from me for evidence.

Fun starts at 1:00.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/VjouRYh2tDo

After watching this Video of yours I started looking into Dashcams. I ended up ordering a Garmin. I figure if I can help put one more reckless driver like that in jail and off the streets it would be worth having it plus all the other benefits. I should have it tomorrow.

Thanks for the post!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Man, those compilation channel bots REALLY want to use your clip!

There must not be as much Meth around where I live or something. I don't witness nearly as much carnage as you do, and I'm in Ohio where the Opioids apparently flow like a rushing river. I've seen the occasional elderly person driving more on muscle memory and recollection than any sort of current sensory input, but even they usually manage to avoid actual wrecks. Meth zombies? Haven't really encountered any on the roads. You just get all the excitement don't you!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Heres' mine from last month.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tXWXXDnXqTA

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Too, are you sure it isn't the presence of your camera that causes the wrecks? :-)

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
do these cameras have batteries? I can’t stand a bunch of cords running around my dash board.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After attaching it near the rear view mirror, a small power cord goes around the window frame , around the dash , by the door frame and under the dash to either the fuse panel or a power plug.

on most newer cars the cord is hidden very well.

with all the b.s. they are including on todays roving phone booths , I can not imagine that it won't be long before they include both front and rear cams w/ 164 g.b. chips

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My Garmin uses the power cord as the traffic receiver. I have the cord routed in the crevices along the dash to under it into the fuse panel.

The do have batteries, but don't last very long.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
In watching the video it seems as if the OP has been working on his physical conditioning, as he sprinted much quicker to the rescue, than in his last dash cam crash video.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my Garmin and hope to get it wired up tommorrow. But kind of a funny story happened yesterday. I think I might have stopped an accident.

I was leaving a gas station. There was a Chevy Pickup with a long 2 axle trailer waiting a car length or so away from the exit on the right side. 90 degrees away from him was a car pointed straight at the exit. I figured I'd be third and just wait. The Truck waited long enough that you couldn't be sure if he was waiting on something so the Car zipped on ahead of him and got onto the street.

The Pickup driver freaked out! He peeled out to chase after the driver that jumped by him. The bounced over a curb and skidded into the street. The driver of the Pickup pulled besides the car in the Rt turn lane and just enough ahead of the car so that I could tell he was going to try and speed ahead change lanes left and cut off the car. All the while yelling out his open window. What an idiot! It was a tight lane under a bridge so all sorts of bad stuff could have happened. The trailer would almost certainly have hit the car just like he smashed it over the curb.

Anyway I rolled down my window and held up my phone and said "I am FILMING you, Don't do IT! I know what you are trying to do, DON'T DO IT!!"

He looked at me, shook his head and turned off to the right so he could do a circle back and get back on the street safely.

Nobody got hurt, No fenders dented maybe just a bruised curb. Letting somebody know that what they were doing was going to be caught on Candid Camera made them think twice about doing something stupid. I might not have thought to do it if we hadn't been talking about car camera's on this thread. :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Get a good 32gig card for it, like a SanDisk.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Ok, dumb question...

Do you reformat the card each day or just keep recording? My 80 mile round trip commute each day to work has me thinking this might be a good investment.

I already have built in GPS in my Toyota, so maybe just a camera???

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post