SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Did you know it's actually possible
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did you know it's actually possible Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I cut the top off the can when i first open one, that way over time it thickens. Every once in awhile i spray a little pb blaster in it and mix it up with a popsicle stick so it doesnt totally dry up. If its nice and thick it doesnt get everywhere.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Replaced the tires on my Electra Glide yesterday. Service manual says to coat axle shaft with anti-seize so I did. Along with myself, the wheel spokes, the lower freshly stained wood deck platform (don't ask, garage was too tight with other vehicles) and probably the dog too.

Felt like I was rehearsing for the role of the Tinman in a remake of The Wizard of Oz......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Glancing at the bottle makes the stuff appear everywhere it seems. Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Anti-seize, as well as thread locker, gets everywhere. And have you ever used Indian Head gasket sealer?

I used that stuff 1 time. Had to tear the motor back apart a few years later. Never again will I use that stuff!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I though you might enjoy this since it is Never Seize related.

A co-worker was having problems with neighbor over a property line. The co-worker had the property surveyed and the property line was where he said it was. Neighbor was pissed and started stealing the surveyor's stakes late at night. The first two time the co-worker replaced the stakes and his neighbor stole them. The third time he replaced them he covered them with Never Seize. Come next morning the stakes were all there with one that had badly smeared Never Seize. The stakes were never bothered again.

Just another use for the stuff.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
to apply Never Seize to bolts without ending up looking like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz?

No, really. I did it this morning. First time ever, and I've been using that stuff for 40 years or more.

(Mechanics will get this...)

Your current supply is clearly defective, I would throw it away and buy new.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
my brother gave me half a pint can thirty years ago and I still have it, I don't think it ever goes down just keeps growing.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used this all the time in the repair shop where I worked. Boss Thinned it with about 50% motor oil. Worked just as well, but still pretty messy.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post