SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Companies where “in stock” does not mean in stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Companies where “in stock” does not mean in stock Login/Join 
posted
Ordered an item from a well-known police supply site the other day, saw “in stock” and assumed (yes, I know who to spell it) it was – get this – in stock. Got an instant confirmation, life is good.

Nope. Got another email, it’s listed as “BO.” I wrote to ask “WTF?” Their reply:

Hello, The typical time frame given to us by the manufacturer is 2-4 weeks for the backordered item. As of January first, we can no longer contact the manufacturer for ETA updates. Instead of us contacting them, they'll let us know when their gear is on extended backorder and we'll be able to update our website. This means that our website will start showing more accurate timeframes and customers will be able to check the ETAs online. We are currently working on our website so that it can show this information. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot inquire about your backordered gear. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. Please let me know if you'd like to continue waiting for this order or if you'd like to make any changes to it.

I canceled the order and found a site that REALLY has the item in stock. How hard is that???

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Inventory control software called JIT (Just Outta Time) usually runs rampant. Lousy supply chain management likes it because there is little overhead.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Their MO is to get your order and then charge you a 20% cancellation charge if you cancel when all the sudden "in stock" means "indefinite backorder". I've learned the hard way that a few companies do this on purpose vs. just lack of good inventory management. Impact Guns is one...the other, we apparently can't say on this forum but they're notorious for this.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I hate this myself. Seem like a there is more of this stuff going on.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Their MO is to get your order and then charge you a 20% cancellation charge if you cancel...

I got a full credit.

And the replacement company will ship tomorrow.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post