SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Save the planet daughter, uh huh.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Save the planet daughter, uh huh. Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
So waste pickup people came real early today for whatever reason and they picked up recycle bin before I had to get it out which was almost full.

So I saw garbage bin was almost empty and therefor I transferred a lot from the recycle bin to the garbage bin and put the garbage bin out to the curb. I told my wife "I took care of it" by moving most the stuff in the recycle bin to the garbage bin.

My daughter started giving me shit about that right away. Then I said "well then go out there and take the recycle stuff out of the garbage bin, put them in bags/boxes, and keep them in your room until next week but hurry because the garbage truck will be here fairly soon.

Well she stays on her lazy ass playing with her phone and the garbage trucks comes and goes. then I comment "uh huh, just as I thought". Roll Eyes

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
How old is the daughter?

She may need a new, weekly, chore. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
she wasn't as woke as she thought she was.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How old is the daughter?

She may need a new, weekly, chore. Wink

She is an adult. Lots of talk on things but little action when it is her effort that need to be exerted.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
she wasn't as woke as she thought she was.

Yep. Big Grin

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase a wise gent: 'Save the planet? The planet don't need saving. The people are fucked but the planet is fine. The planet will be around long after people are gone.'

I'm generally in favor of re-use, re-purpose, recycle, and such in concept. For example, I'll re-use chicken bones from roasted chicken to make soup. But in practice, I don't really cycle much if it's a burden (just the easy stuff at home like paper vs glass).

There are a lot more serious problems that future generations will face than what will be caused by / prevented by recycling or lack thereof.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have a few friends in the waste management business. They tell me 80% or more of the residential recycling goes in the same landfill as the trash as it is simply not economical to recycle most material from residential recycling.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I have a few friends in the waste management business. They tell me 80% or more of the residential recycling goes in the same landfill as the trash as it is simply not economical to recycle most material from residential recycling.

As a former WM Market Area Manager - I can verify what you wrote above. 100% True.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, maybe if she wants to be in charge she should venture out on her own and be the master of her own domain.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not think this was about recycling at all. More on an adolescent level of making you look stupid. You said she was an adult. This is proof she has not matured.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:

I had read that also and thanks for confirming. I think carboard is one item that they can recycle and make a profit, at last on a larger scale. I worked in grocery store in high school in the late 60s/early 70s and we always baled the cardboard even back then. I made up plenty of bales myself and always was wary of ratcheting the metal strapping too tight LOL.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
She is an adult. Lots of talk on things but little action when it is her effort that need to be exerted.

I've noticed lots of the younger generation are like that. Now I sound like an old man...

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Hmmm, maybe if she wants to be in charge she should venture out on her own and be the master of her own domain.

Agreed. She better pray that I leave this earth before her mother/my dear wife does.

Banned
posted Hide Post
The indoctrination centers teach kids this crap.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My kids are just the opposite. The only thing I recycle is aluminum cans. We even have a separate trash container for them. I’m constantly finding cans in the regular trash. I guess my kids are unwoke.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My community only recycles cardboard on a voluntary basis. If you want to, bring it to the recycling center. If not, throw it in the dumpster, the ONLY can you have. Not 7 cans in various colors.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Here in WeDon'tCareVille we don't have recycling.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
After aluminum it gets harder to break even recycling. The State of WI kicks $$ in to try to make more viable, glass, a lot of the plastics, whatever else.

Our garbage is separated, plus I have a ‘compost bin’ for the garden. The ‘Man Cow’(Chicago radio personality) has said many times, once you’ve spent time at the Chicago waste separation site, you’ll hardly recycle again.

I do my part, though I’m thinking much from the recycle bin goes in the trash.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a trash can and a recycling can provided by my trash company. I indiscriminately throw whatever into either can as I know they both end up at the same landfill anyways.
That and I'm not being offered a rebate or in any other way being compensated for taking my time to sort that shit.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many "kids" and even adults (leftists) these days are happy to voluntell others to give from their toils for the greater good. But, pull it out of their own pockets? not so much.
Not an indictment of your daughter, just in general.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post