SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Turned off baseball tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turned off baseball tonight Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket and my NFL game pass subscriptions. I kept my Siruis radio subscription and still listened to a couple NFL games and watched a couple games at a bar. I watched the playoffs. I also took my son to a game. Last year I cancelled my Siruis subscription and told them I didn’t even want to listen to NFL games. I think I watched one game all year while I was in a hotel. I didn’t go to any games or watch the Super Bowl. Having written off football, my son and I have been looking forward to baseball all year long. We even caught some training camp games down here.

But now this year I won’t watch any NFL or MLB. I never watched NBA so no worries there. It’s not fun anymore. It’s not entertaining. It’s more SJW bullshit shoved down my throat.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If there’s one thing that 2020 has demonstrated, it’s that the world can live without sports just fine. Sports used to unite a city with the propinquity of a shared team. Now it’s on the divisive train with the rest of the woke crowd.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The past few days this has been the conversation me and my father has been having.

We are die hard baseball traditionalist but that is over. To be honest my baseball addiction started to diminish when we relocated from VA to NC in 2017 and I had a hard time getting MASN TV.

When I couldn't see my orioles I got Sirius so I could listen to them at work.

Well that is all over, and like one of the other members stated in their post, I think the multi billionaire a**clowns are going to realize the American people do not need them.

I think these MLB players should glance up into the stands once and a while to look and see what ethnicity is paying their salaries and who is actually filling the seats. It is the same demographic as NASCAR and the players and team owners are pissing on them.

For now I am supporting the local minor league teams and the rodeos here in North and South Dakota

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Try not to flame me but this is how I see it:

I support the BLM cause and idea but you know one can over do anything and it seems that this has gotten to the point it is no longer a serious issue but a joke when every aspect of anything public has to first be about BLM.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Painted on the floors of the NBA too. The problem Blue9mm is if someone painted blue lives matter in the same place people would come unglued. That's just one reason BLM has lost respect from many people.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Try not to flame me but this is how I see it:

I support the BLM cause and idea but you know one can over do anything and it seems that this has gotten to the point it is no longer a serious issue but a joke when every aspect of anything public has to first be about BLM.

Not flaming you at all, but you do realize that BLM is itself racist and radical marxist organized? Given the fact that they have and still remain totally silent while thousands of blacks are killed in Chicago and other places by black on black crimes, i have no use for them or their bullshit whatsoever.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I support the BLM cause

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I like about this forum is that members are not tar and feathered because they have different views.

I do not support the BLM movement but I will not demean or bad mouth anyone that does because that is their right.

My problem with the BLM crowd along with the rest of the alphabet SJW movements is that they are selective in what they want or who they want to help.

For example, I just read that Mookie Betts Mookie Betts, who once said he would always stand for anthem, takes a knee before the Dodgers' opener after he signed a 12 year 365million dollar extension.During an interview he was questioned about his earlier statement regarding kneeling and he says he wasn't educated and says it has nothing to do regarding those who serve. What will he do with $365 million? That is the question? It is all symbolic but they have no problem trashing the people who attend their games.

Or an NBA player who is going to spend this season platooning between being a player and an SJW advocate by starting a foundation to help disenfranchised children. Where may you ask? Not here in the US but africa.

They all talk about the big bad wolf and how racist that demographic is but do they do anything to help kids here in the US? Do they go live in those neighborhoods? No, they go live in mansionville with gated walls, $100,000 landscaping, and get on their $75000 soap box.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
After the Nat's won the World Series I was looking forward to this season, then the virus and all the other BS, I have had enough with all sports. Do I miss it yes because I was a life long fan but I have filled the void with other outside activities. I will end this by saying Go Nat's just without me.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I support the BLM cause and idea ...

I have found the entire concept of BLM objectionable from the very first mention of the phrase. I found it so because of course black lives matter. All lives matter.

The suggestion, with that phrase, is that a goodly portion of the people of the world believe black lives don't matter, which is both offensive and provably false.

Well, except perhaps among the black community, which is my second beef with BLM. If black lives truly mattered to these people, then why are they not marching against the biggest cause of violence and death in the black community: Black-on-black crime?

Why are they not demanding, not less, but more police intervention in violence-torn urban areas?

If black lives really mattered they'd be marching on politicians' offices, the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and "news" organizations for the lies they promulgate about why the black community is the way it is.

Lastly, when black lives matter as much to blacks as the BLM says they should to the rest of the world, perhaps they will matter more to the rest of the world.

TL;DR: You be you, but BLM is utter bullshit, IMNSHO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
to take the 'solidarity knee'

With all the time, money and influence these guys have they Could make a difference and do something for the community. Taking a knee is cheap and easy but contributes nothing.

They might be caring, compassionate human beings donating their time and money for a better community and world but I doubt it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
You know that sound the radio people use to signify a rapid deflating of a -ahem- man's part? Kind of like a downward spiral?

That's how last night's game affected me. I turned on to watch masked players all on their knees holding a long black ribbon (I hadn't turned on the sound, yet). Then I saw the BLM and MLB logo on the pitcher's mound. It was downhill from there.

I'm almost thankful rain ruined the rest of the game for the Nats-Yankees. No fans, and a stadium soundtrack trying to keep things exciting. Ugh.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
In my house BLM = Bacon, Lettuce, ‘Mater.

Fuck MLB and everyone else. I’ll just sock that money into savings.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic -- well said! (a few posts above)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Whatever racial justice issues BLM may claim to address, we know the movement's honchos say first and foremost BLM is Marxist. As such any teams or broadcasters whitewashing that are no better than traitors. Even the ironically named ANTIFA is more honest about who they are. I hope disgusted MLB fans stick to their guns on this.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
I support the BLM cause and idea...
Might I suggest a cursory viewing of selected YT videos by Candace Owens, Conservative Twins, et. al. Just sayin' and JSMH. Hope that works out for you...

Here...I'll get you started:

Funding info from Bill O'Reilly, who I sometimes can't get on board with, but this seems factual:

** My apologies to the OP for the [drift]...I know this thread is about MLB, but with an underlying sub-topic of the BLM false narrative.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BLM has no legitimacy because it is based on the lie that Police systemically murder blacks. While it ignores black on black crime.
BLM is a lie, period.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched a pitch since the strike in 1994.
And with all this nonsense going on, no need to resume watching now.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
At least they stood up for the National Anthem. I'm surprised they even did that. This crap is really getting old!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I support the BLM cause and idea...
You're probably the only one here who does. It's a terrorist organization dedicated to the overthrow of the United States, in case minor details like that interest you. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107257 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post