SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Turned off baseball tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turned off baseball tonight Login/Join 
Picture of Crimp
posted Hide Post
I've been a baseball fan since around 1951 when I was 8 years old and my Dad took me to a Pittsburgh Pirates game. I faithfully followed the Bucs throughout my schooling and career in the Navy and following civilian career. I saw arguably the best world series game ever when Bill Mazeroski of the Bucs beat the favored Yankees in a walk-off home run in the 9th inning of the 7th game.

Around 2006, I got sick of the Pirates owner and management and picked up on the bottom of the barrel Nationals. I fell in love with that team and was ecstatic when they took the 2019 series. I bought all the gear, had a continuing subscription to MLB-TV and traditionally watch 100+ games a year.

Come opening day 2020 with both teams kneeling, I shut it down in disgust. I've cancelled my MLB-TV subscription and have gathered up my gear to dispose of it, probably by target practice and fire. Even my world series jersey.

I left the NFL and the Steelers in the same way because of Kaepernick. Now, Major League Baseball bows to what I consider a murdering domestic terrorist organization. I give a rats butt if those players want to demonstrate and protest off field, but when it disgraces our National Anthem and Old Glory, they can all rot in He11.

Babe Ruth, High School, American Legion and college baseball will keep me entertained from here on out. I hope Commissioner Rob Manfred and MLB are totally destroyed through this absolutely stupid decision.

--Montani Semper Liberi--

Posts: 785 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I support the BLM cause and idea

Black Live Matter is based on a Fuckin' Lie.

The "organization" started with the incident involving Michael Brown and LE Officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson. The lie being that Brown was on his hands and knees begging not to be shot.

BLM is a SCAM. Just like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barrack Obama. Not going to "flame" you, but I judge I.Q. points on this kind of absolute bullshit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's more than a lie. It is a front leftist's use to funnel money to all kinds of marxist/commie activities

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...back to the MLB subject at hand...

I was having dinner with friends at my local Cantina and of course TVs are hanging on all the walls. Yup...in true SJW fashion, there were the Astros and whatever other team of losers they are playing...ALL OF THEM...kneeling right there on the baselines like a bunch of Saturday nite whores ready to give a BJ. FMLB.....

I just PRAY this doesn't seep into the NHL. I'm not holding my breath...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Crimp. I heard it on the radio at school. The teacher let us listen to the Series. Here it is:

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not support the BLM movement but I will not demean or bad mouth anyone that does because that is their right.

I may not demean or bad mouth someone but I sure as hell may think a lot less of them

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Fuck it, I'm done with pro sports. I haven't been a big fan of anything in a long time, but still enjoyed listening to a baseball game on the radio, or occasionally going to see the Mariners. It was actually affordable entertainment. Never again. I'm tired of being socially engineered. I guess I'll take up fencing or croquet or something. If that isn't obscure enough to avoid this stupidity, then I guess maybe Calcio? If nothing else, I don't speak Italian so I won't have to listen to their shit.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I was having dinner with friends at my local Cantina and of course TVs are hanging on all the walls. Yup...in true SJW fashion, there were the Astros and whatever other team of losers they are playing...ALL OF THEM...kneeling right there on the baselines like a bunch of Saturday nite whores ready to give a BJ. FMLB.....

*sigh* It was the Mariners. Absolutely disgusting.

https://www.seattletimes.com/s...tros-kneel-in-unity/

quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
I seriously doubt it, the NHL will cave as well.

Oh, I guarantee it. Seattle has a new NHL team. Don't expect to see any of those players not kow-towing to the rich, woke liberals that own the team and the arena.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crimp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
For Crimp. I heard it on the radio at school. The teacher let us listen to the Series.

Thanks for that, ZS!
Almost brings tears to my eyes ;-)

--Montani Semper Liberi--

Posts: 785 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
NOPE!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
If you think baseball is bad don't try watching any soccer. Turned on a MLS game last week and I could not believe how overboard it was. Every player had on a BLM shirt. There was a silent kneeling moment instead of an anthem.

I've seen church services less worshipful. All hail our new Lord, Black Lives Matter.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:
I do not support the BLM movement but I will not demean or bad mouth anyone that does because that is their right.

I may not demean or bad mouth someone but I sure as hell may think a lot less of them

My thoughts exactly.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No MLB,MLS,NBA,NFL nor Nascar in my household this year.

Looking forward to the NHL quasi-playoffs in 2 weeks and crossing my fingers that the League and its players do not capitulate.

The UFC has also been relatively square and has avoided getting caught up in all this drama.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crimp:

Come opening day 2020 with both teams kneeling, I shut it down in disgust. I've cancelled my MLB-TV subscription and have gathered up my gear to dispose of it, probably by target practice and fire. Even my world series jersey .....

For me it is Zimm. He was the first draft pic of the nats. He hit the first home run in the first game at the new stadium. Then in the first World series game, he hits the first home run for the franchise. For me it was nearly as perfect as the "perfect moment in baseball" Sid Bream rounding 3rd racing for home.
So my wife let me by myself a Christmas present, a Zimm signed copy of that moment. I have the baseball, the hat etc. and in a great turn, Zimm was not on the field for the BLM event, he chose to sit this season out.

So that moment, for me, is still untarnished. I will return to Baseball, if this shit ever gets cleaned up.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m with Mark Cuban on this “ it’s time for the anthem police to go to bed”

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

You do know Cuban supports BLM and was referring to people who complain when athletes kneel for the anthem? He has no issue with it and supports players being allowed to kneel. Fuck him.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned all professional sports can cease to exist. The older I get the less I care and they continue to get more and more whiny. I think we'll see the NFL either turn into flag football or completely go away in my lifetime (I'm 38). There is nothing they can do to stop the brain from hitting the skull. CTE cases will only get worse. A lot of these professional athletes will be SOL if they can't make money playing.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh yeah? That's what Mark Cuban says about it? Well, fuck Mark Cuban.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to order some "STP" , the oil additive, stickers and put one on my car. It will stand for "Stop The Pandering". Maybe we can start our own movement. We already have the stickers.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
If there’s one thing that 2020 has demonstrated, it’s that the world can live without sports just fine. Sports used to unite a city with the propinquity of a shared team. Now it’s on the divisive train with the rest of the woke crowd.

I believe Free Agency was the methadone that has helped society rip the bandaid off all at once in 2020. That effectively dissolved the united city/shared experience thing. I think that really started to illuminate for the public just how much these guys are paid and how poorly many of them comport themselves.
Death to the NFL. I might still forgive MLB, if they stop now.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cuban can eat shit. And that goes for any other America hater like him.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post