SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lost another friend last night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost another friend last night Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Got the news soon as I got home from work. From fine to sick to dead in a few days. Still no details beyond that but I guess it doesn’t matter, end result is the same. That’s two this year already and both way before their time should’ve ended. Those of you that live anywhere near Prince Frederick, Maryland if you’ve been to or heard of Mully’s Brewery, Doug was part owner and brewer. Family man, loved God, guns and country.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, yeah, don’t like that, losing good people unexpectedly before their time.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this Leemur, prayers sent

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Condolences Leemur.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It's always very difficult losing good friends. Sorry to hear this Leemur. I was just thinking on this last night in prayer. I've lost all my really closest friends in the last 10yrs but I still talk to them in prayer. I hope to see them again one day, they were the best of the best.. Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about you loosing your friend.
I lost a friend in similar way years ago.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Still no firm details but I just found out that he survived a cancer fight 10-15 years ago and also at some point in the same time had a stent put in for a blockage. Another friend said Doug had been having some serious pain issues the last few months. He never talked about these things and always had a smile on his face.

Sounds like my dad. He probably knew something was seriously wrong but didn’t want anyone worrying about him. I appreciate the sentiment but if there’s something wrong and you know it, let your friends and family know. This business of suddenly dropping dead is hard on people and if they love you, the people in your life don’t consider the “worry” to be a burden.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post