SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Browser help needed. ARRRR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browser help needed. ARRRR Login/Join 
posted
So, I wanted to go on a very popular gun website today and find out that my Mozilla is keeping me from going on saying that it is not a protected site.
I tried google Chrome and it does the same thing.

I was able to go on this site however.
What do I need to do to be able to access that other site as well?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The offending website?

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR-15

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I thought there was a button on the warning that allowed you to proceed to the site regardless of the warning?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
The browsers now want to freak out when you go to websites that use "HTTP" instead of "HTTPS".

If that's what you're seeing, assuming you are running normal antivirus/antimalware, go ahead and live on the edge and click past the warning.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The browser does not appear to offer a choice. It just says it has been blocked as unsafe.

I went into options and then safety and it would not let me uncheck the sub categories that would seem to allow me to go past the warning. I always have done it before.

I guess now the website might be down, but earlier it was not.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Aquabird, that webpage worked on Chrome as well as MS Edge and Brave. Maybe there are some security settings on your computer that are limiting your access. Check your antivirus provider and firewall settings to see whether there are exceptions. Depending on your ISP, there may be settings there that need to be checked as well.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
arfcom works for me on all 6 of my browsers

chrome, opera, firefox, vivaldi, edge, IE.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah,, it was a problem with mozilla and arfcoms certificates. They need updated according to firefox. I bypassed it.

posted Hide Post
I'm have issues with Firefox blocking me from registering a "username" on a BMW motorcycle forum site. Believe me I have tried several usernames.

Error tells me it's "unsecured" site.

Well damn Firefox genius I want to go there anyway.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you got this corrected or not, so ignore this if you did. When you get that error, at the bottom of the page it should have an "advanced" link. Click that link, and it will give you a couple more options. One of them should be something like "proceed to this unsafe site." Click that and it should take you forward.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I'm not sure if you got this corrected or not, so ignore this if you did. When you get that error, at the bottom of the page it should have an "advanced" link. Click that link, and it will give you a couple more options. One of them should be something like "proceed to this unsafe site." Click that and it should take you forward.

Thanks for he tip, but I discovered the problem was with the forum page located in Canada. A email to the admin there and hook up issues was resolved late last night.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post