SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People with the short term memory of a goldfish employed in the service industry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People with the short term memory of a goldfish employed in the service industry Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What are the people who do these jobs going to do when robots replace them?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
They're not the brightest people which is why they work at ABC sandwich shop. They're taught a spiel to ask the customer. Listening is optional after their third year in the business.

Cut 'em a little slack or you might find snot on your sandwich.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
...a LARGE Board hanging on the wall with the list of flavors available.

I've seen some like this. I'm usually the one waiting behind the dumb shit that stares at the board like it is about to change and they'd have to read it all over again.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
...a LARGE Board hanging on the wall with the list of flavors available.
I've seen some like this. I'm usually the one waiting behind the dumb shit that stares at the board like it is about to change and they'd have to read it all over again.
Now that you mention it, I'm gonna bitch and whine about the new-fangled electronic menu boards in some fast-food places. They do not display the whole menu selection, like the old-fashioned boards did. Instead, they cycle through the available stuff, so if I did not catch something, I have to wait for it to come around again.

Sure, I should know what I want, but if I go to a place that I'm not familiar with, I really do want to see the menu choices.

Worse than the cycling is the electronic board that is just not working. I went into a fast-food chicken place (NOT our beloved Chick-Fil-A, it was on a Sunday, so I was out of luck for The Good Stuff). The electronic menu was not working. Most of the panels were blank. Cash register lady asked me what I wanted. I asked her for a menu, thinking that they might have a printed one. Nope, she wanted to know what I wanted. Nope, that's not the way it works. I need to look at a menu, see what the selections are, then place my order.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Yup, this ^^^ They're reading off a script and anything offered that they didn't ask for is a waste of breath. Took me a while to figure that out too.

And because they may have been told that they must follow and not deviate from the script or there will be retribution.[/QUOTE]

likely,

and having spent many many years in the grocery business, the customers are not always on top of things,

some will say everything except pickles ,, then find the manager and pitch a bitch cause it had tomatoes on it,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
Publix is amazing. The person was probably new, just having a shitty day, or double checking thats what you wanted.

BTW sandwich? large? Pub subs come in whole or half.

Publix goes above and beyond to make sure shopping is a pleasure.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmc85:

So if it comes in a whole or half which would the large one be, the whole sandwich or the half? Big Grin
If you cant figure it out I'll help you....the whole one is larger and the half one is smaller so whole= large
Half= small
Point taken, next time I'll be sure to say whole instead of large as I would hate to be responsible for overloading his goldfish brain, it might lock up and need a reboot and I'd never get my sandwich.

Also, I specified no oil or vinegar 6 times in 30 seconds, then I have to stop him before he puts on , you guessed it, oil and vinegar.

New hire, too much acid, bad day, poor comprehension,whatever....all you can do is grin and bear it. And of course vent to the forum.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:
quote:
Originally posted by rmc85:

So if it comes in a whole or half which would the large one be, the whole sandwich or the half? Big Grin
If you cant figure it out I'll help you....the whole one is larger and the half one is smaller so whole= large
Half= small
Point taken, next time I'll be sure to say whole instead of large as I would hate to be responsible for overloading his goldfish brain, it might lock up and need a reboot and I'd never get my sandwich.

Also, I specified no oil or vinegar 6 times in 30 seconds, then I have to stop him before he puts on , you guessed it, oil and vinegar.

New hire, too much acid, bad day, poor comprehension,whatever....all you can do is grin and bear it. And of course vent to the forum.

AND, at my Publix they always put the absolute slowest person in the deli, in the sub section.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything except oil and vinegar.
Set theory is an advanced subject. He may not have taken that course yet. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post