SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This always happens to me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This always happens to me Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Went out of town camping last month and when I got home my Gerber tool was missing.... spent a week looking in my stuff for it before ordering another one. got the new one and went to look for something in my Sig rifle bag and there was the old Gerber....

Picked up another Director's chair off the road last year.. canvas rotted away... I know I ordered an extra cover for the three chairs I already have but have spent the last year sort of looking for it and finally just decided to order another cover... it came in the mail yesterday and my wife asked what it was and I told her... she said: "why? I have that extra cover in my closet."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Sounds very familiar.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Back in the 70s, I got married.
We went shopping, lost the wife somewhere in the mall.

Met another girl and married her.
We walk out to the car, and there's my first wife.

Boy, was that awkward...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Back in the 70s, I got married.
We went shopping, lost the wife somewhere in the mall.

Met another girl and married her.
We walk out to the car, and there's my first wife.

Boy, was that awkward...

Does that mean 2 sammiches arrived every time you screamed "Hey woman! Make me a sammich!" to the kitchen?

Razz

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Losing things makes me nuts. So I spend a great deal of time organizing my stuff so I can quickly find it.
Women have dumped me because I was "too organized".
And I have dumped women because they were disorganized.
It all balances out..... Cool

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:...

Does that mean 2 sammiches arrived every time you screamed "Hey woman! Make me a sammich!" to the kitchen?

Razz

They beat my ass, each took half my stuff and left me lying in the parking lot, cold, hungry, bruised and unloved. So, I went back into the mall...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i do that all the time especially the more i age i'll leave tools in a vending machine and find them months or sometimes years later Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
At least you didn't totally lose everything.

Like Sig Simian!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I "lost" an iPod in a jogging stroller for about 2 years.

Put it in the zippered pocket on the sunshade and promptly forgot about it. Just about tore the house apart looking for it to no avail. Happened to open the pocket up one day, and voila...

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I lost a nice Spyderco knife for 2 years once. I go hunting with my dad each year. When we fly, we'll throw our clothes in the same bag to avoid having to buy and extra. My Spyderco knife went in, too, of course, but I did not see it when I collected my things, nor did my Dad. I of course bought another knife later. 2 years later, we opened that bag to use on another trip, and there was my original knife...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I "found" $100 of my own money in a pair of jeans. Didnt wear those pair of a few months. Wife says since you found $100 we can go to a nice brunch downtown. I tried to explain I did not find money but it was mine all along. Long story short we had brunch.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have lost the same trusty Buck 110 I bought in1972 four times. I don't replace it anymore. It always finds its' way home.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I "found" $100 of my own money in a pair of jeans. Didnt wear those pair of a few months. Wife says since you found $100 we can go to a nice brunch downtown. I tried to explain I did not find money but it was mine all along. Long story short we had brunch.
Hahaha! Big Grin

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I looked all over for my rangefinder before bow season started this fall. Couldn't find it, so I gave in and bought a new one. Last week, I found the old one in the back of my gun safe. Mad

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My theory is that there are multiple dimensions and we slip back and forth between them. That's the only way I can explain losing something, then finding it not only in plain sight but where I've repeatedly looked!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I found some eyeglasses that I lost several weeks ago. Smile Too bad I can't find my Maui Jim shades. Frown

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
I lost a nice Spyderco knife for 2 years once. there was my original knife...

Spyderco Catcherman, in my case.

Had two for a short time; they're discontinued.

Also happened with Luminox diver's watch. Waited weeks to order another. Then found the old one in the pool. Have no idea how I missed it on the bottom.

Posts: 15843 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
George Carlin Losing Things

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post