SIGforum
This always happens to me

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9430007134

October 13, 2017, 05:01 AM
Blume9mm
This always happens to me
Went out of town camping last month and when I got home my Gerber tool was missing.... spent a week looking in my stuff for it before ordering another one. got the new one and went to look for something in my Sig rifle bag and there was the old Gerber....

Picked up another Director's chair off the road last year.. canvas rotted away... I know I ordered an extra cover for the three chairs I already have but have spent the last year sort of looking for it and finally just decided to order another cover... it came in the mail yesterday and my wife asked what it was and I told her... she said: "why? I have that extra cover in my closet."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
October 13, 2017, 08:58 AM
molachi
Sounds very familiar.
October 13, 2017, 09:57 AM
sigmonkey
Back in the 70s, I got married.
We went shopping, lost the wife somewhere in the mall.

Met another girl and married her.
We walk out to the car, and there's my first wife.

Boy, was that awkward...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
October 13, 2017, 01:29 PM
slabsides45
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Back in the 70s, I got married.
We went shopping, lost the wife somewhere in the mall.

Met another girl and married her.
We walk out to the car, and there's my first wife.

Boy, was that awkward...

Does that mean 2 sammiches arrived every time you screamed "Hey woman! Make me a sammich!" to the kitchen?

Razz

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
October 13, 2017, 03:56 PM
YooperSigs
Losing things makes me nuts. So I spend a great deal of time organizing my stuff so I can quickly find it.
Women have dumped me because I was "too organized".
And I have dumped women because they were disorganized.
It all balances out..... Cool

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 13, 2017, 04:06 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:...

Does that mean 2 sammiches arrived every time you screamed "Hey woman! Make me a sammich!" to the kitchen?

Razz

They beat my ass, each took half my stuff and left me lying in the parking lot, cold, hungry, bruised and unloved. So, I went back into the mall...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
October 13, 2017, 06:18 PM
side_shot
i do that all the time especially the more i age i'll leave tools in a vending machine and find them months or sometimes years later Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

October 13, 2017, 07:43 PM
Sunset_Va
At least you didn't totally lose everything.

Like Sig Simian!

美しい犬
October 13, 2017, 09:28 PM
g8rforester
I "lost" an iPod in a jogging stroller for about 2 years.

Put it in the zippered pocket on the sunshade and promptly forgot about it. Just about tore the house apart looking for it to no avail. Happened to open the pocket up one day, and voila...
October 13, 2017, 10:53 PM
barndg00
I lost a nice Spyderco knife for 2 years once. I go hunting with my dad each year. When we fly, we'll throw our clothes in the same bag to avoid having to buy and extra. My Spyderco knife went in, too, of course, but I did not see it when I collected my things, nor did my Dad. I of course bought another knife later. 2 years later, we opened that bag to use on another trip, and there was my original knife...
October 15, 2017, 01:13 PM
gpbst3
I "found" $100 of my own money in a pair of jeans. Didnt wear those pair of a few months. Wife says since you found $100 we can go to a nice brunch downtown. I tried to explain I did not find money but it was mine all along. Long story short we had brunch.

October 16, 2017, 10:12 AM
LtJL
I have lost the same trusty Buck 110 I bought in1972 four times. I don't replace it anymore. It always finds its' way home.
October 16, 2017, 11:06 AM
mark123
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I "found" $100 of my own money in a pair of jeans. Didnt wear those pair of a few months. Wife says since you found $100 we can go to a nice brunch downtown. I tried to explain I did not find money but it was mine all along. Long story short we had brunch.
Hahaha! Big Grin
October 16, 2017, 03:16 PM
Todd Huffman
I looked all over for my rangefinder before bow season started this fall. Couldn't find it, so I gave in and bought a new one. Last week, I found the old one in the back of my gun safe. Mad

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
October 16, 2017, 04:20 PM
Icabod
My theory is that there are multiple dimensions and we slip back and forth between them. That's the only way I can explain losing something, then finding it not only in plain sight but where I've repeatedly looked!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.
October 17, 2017, 07:17 PM
egregore
I found some eyeglasses that I lost several weeks ago. Smile Too bad I can't find my Maui Jim shades. Frown
October 18, 2017, 02:37 PM
RichardC
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
I lost a nice Spyderco knife for 2 years once. there was my original knife...

Spyderco Catcherman, in my case.

Had two for a short time; they're discontinued.

Also happened with Luminox diver's watch. Waited weeks to order another. Then found the old one in the pool. Have no idea how I missed it on the bottom.

October 18, 2017, 02:45 PM
Jus228
George Carlin Losing Things

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak