SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today is my Birthday....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today is my Birthday.... Login/Join 
posted
And it sucks!

1) Wife's Dad is hospital for 2nd time in 2 weeks after having brain tumor removed and being told he has less than a year to live. He fell Saturday and had all the symptoms of a stroke but it was not a stroke. Wife, SIL and MIL are a mess and I feel this is going to go downhill fast.

2) My Dad seemingly forgot my B-Day. Not that I care that much about a card and the check he insists on giving me but this is the 3rd or 4th thing he has spaced in the last month. He has also being having self caused computer issues and my fear is his mind is slipping fast.

Rant off

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sorry man. Hope things improve for ya.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday all the same, hope your day gets better.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, and although it may not seem like it right now, at least your Dad and FIL are still alive.

Cherish the time as you can never recapture today. I lost my Dad in Fall 2016 and you don't know what you had until it is gone.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! Mine was a few days back, My wife and my dog remembered, everyone else not so much. They all just seem to run together anymore.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday..just remember some of the good times.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and hope things improve for you.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
^^^ What he said.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30636 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I know your pain all too well. I've actually talked to my wife about moving my birthday to September, as March always seems to deal us a doozy.

I wish that is gets better for you, and that you may have a Happy Birthday.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the support...I ended up getting myself Popeye's for dinner followed by a lone slice of cake with some vanilla bean ice cream.

I spoke to my sisters about my dad and we agreed that his "slips" are too frequent and we need to keep an eye on things. We also used this as an excuse to look thru his banking history and all was well except he appear to be donating way too much to weird charities which we will address.

Going to take my daughter to see FIL tonight. Still unsure of what is going on but he is in a good hospital My wife and I discussed last night and we are either hoping he can get some time with proper treatment but if that cant happen then praying for a quiet, painless and dignified end.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I wish you a happy birthday and a positive outcome with your dad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevmo.... Happy Birthday...

everything will get better...and I want to remind you that great awesome people in history were born on the 27th day of March.

PS...It's my birthday too !!

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck on all fronts and Happy Birthday

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post