SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Companies that don't do what they say.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Companies that don't do what they say. Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
How do you deal with companies that don't do what they say they'll do in their stated time frame?

Our preference is dealing with local businesses but brick and mortar stores are still having a hard time. For example, in our area many businesses are closing due to liberal voter mandated hourly pay increases.

The huge increase in internet purchasing hasn't helped, but purchasing a product or getting an item repaired/repair part nowadays may only be accomplished through online sources. I understand that online sources are often just the middle man for their suppliers. The alternative of driving 100+ miles one way to a metro area isn't convenient.

It's aggravating to wait for weeks for a product or repair service only to be told there will be a delay. 'Sucking it up' leaves a bitter taste. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We had our roof replaced earlier this year.

They offered a completion date as part of the contract.

I was convinced that they would not be able to meet the date that they stated, so I told them to pick a date that they thought would be realistic, allowing for weather delays, etc., and write the contract with a $100.00 reduction in cost for each day beyond that, with "completion" being defined as the day that both the city's Code Compliance inspector, and an independent certified home inspector, signed off on the job.

In other words, pick a date for actual job completion, and lose money if you don't conform.

They agreed to do this. They actually ran over by a couple of days, but I did not enforce the penalty, as it was clear to me that they were making their best effort.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Quoted four weeks will be seven weeks next week for a repair service. Two weeks in a row I was told the item would be returned that week. Two weeks in a row, NOTHING! Frustrating. They're busy, I get it, but come on.

The company doesn't return my e-mail messages nor return my most recent phone message. I don't even know if they've even started the process yet, which is why I called.

I could have avoided this had I not paid attention to so many positive internet reviews. Next time I'll get the work done elsewhere even if it costs me more. They'll never get a good recommendation from me for customer service.

The company charges your credit card up front. I'm close to disputing the credit card charge but I may never see the item returned.

The company representative finally responded this date. I was told the item would be shipped this coming Friday and an e-mail would be sent with the tracking.

I'll believe it when I see it. But as they say 'the third times a charm...'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Item was finally received. It is to my expectations. But it never should have taken 6+ weeks.