SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hail!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hail! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Got me finally. In the past our hail hasn’t damaged anything of our as it’s not been severe.

This weekend though, it put many small dings in the car and broke a bunch of vinyl siding and fence slats.

The car is probably not worth fixing and I’m looking at around $5k of other damages.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that.

Several years ago out place in Roxboro got hit by one of those really severe hail storms.

Hail stones the size of softballs were coming down. Required a new roof on our place, several other houses in the neighborhood as well.

Lots of hail damage to cars. Broken windows in houses. I understand some folks were caught out in it and got hurt, too. Do not know how much a softball sized hail stone weighs, but my guess would be in the neighborhood of 3 lbs.

Again, sorry for your trouble!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I absolutely HATE hail. I’ve had so many cars damaged by it..it’s not even funny.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I understand. Ruined my very first car. Now if there is even a chance of it my cars are in the garage or in a parking garage. I’m heading out of town in a few weeks (spring here is hail season) and I’ve rented a vehicle with the optional insurance for just this reason.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post