SIGforum
I just did what?? Updated with picture of the email

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9330059234

November 09, 2017, 08:22 PM
fgwilliams1
I just did what?? Updated with picture of the email
My wife texted me today as I was off work for Veterans Day programs at my kid's two schools.
Message was "look at the picture! Did you do this?"
It was a resignation email to my boss.
I immediately called my boss to tell her it wasn't me that did that. I also contacted the director of pharmacy and the security chief of MIS.

Seems a coworker got into my work email account and sent a resignation statement to my boss and copied my wife on it. Auto log off did not work.
I am beyond pissed.
Coworker said she was "just kidding. Sorry if it upset you. Thought you would know it was me".
She also changed my email signature to some less than professional comments.
This is a pharmacist. The techs told her it was a bad idea but she did it anyway.
Physical violence is frowned upon at work.

https://i.imgur.com/Z3kFChP.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fgwilliams1,

GW.
November 09, 2017, 08:31 PM
jimmy123x
I'm sure you have plenty of chemicals to use.....
November 09, 2017, 08:36 PM
Paten
So she won't be eligible for unemployment insurance, right?
November 09, 2017, 08:50 PM
Fredward
Sue.
November 09, 2017, 08:52 PM
flesheatingvirus
What was the resolution between you and your employer and her and the employer?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
November 09, 2017, 08:54 PM
fgwilliams1
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
What was the resolution between you and your employer and her and the employer?

Just happened this morning. I've heard nothing.

GW.
November 09, 2017, 08:54 PM
vulrath
I'd be livid. Enough that I'd also go out of my way to get at minimum serious disciplinary action taken. This goes well past "just a joke" territory.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."
November 09, 2017, 09:03 PM
KPSquared
This happened at my work all the time. Someone would leave their access card in their computer and leave...another would send an email from their machine to the boss. Fortunately I was the boss and all learned proper procedure!

Thanks,
KPSquared
November 09, 2017, 09:15 PM
Rey HRH
WTF. I can see pranks but you don't involve upper level in your pranks. Hopefully, you've got a clean history with regards to these kinds of pranks or there'll be a shit storm.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 09, 2017, 09:38 PM
SpinZone
Back in my Navy days leaving yourself logged in could result in an e-mail to the XO professing the undying love you have been harboring for him.

In the corporate world I am in now that would never be acceptable.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

November 09, 2017, 10:06 PM
LDD
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Sue.

How was the OP damaged?

Negligent infliction of emotional distress?

OP did not lose his job, suffer a health condition or financial consequences.
November 09, 2017, 10:37 PM
Glynn863
Actions such as that where I work would result in immediate discipline, to include dismissal. I would demand that the perp be disciplined, and re-assigned to another area, at the very least.

BTW, my older son is now in his 3rd year at HSOP. His internship territory will be Columbus, starting in the summer.

Good Luck.

The other GW
November 09, 2017, 11:11 PM
LS1 GTO
I kept thinking this was a veteran's day joke.

OP,

There are some avenues. Your city/ state labor board, HR of the pharmacy you work, owners of the pharmacy (or CEO), and probably one or two more.

I'd defer to our Sig Forum legal beagles if there's a case for emotional distress.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

November 10, 2017, 02:09 PM
JRC
Quote "I am beyond pissed."...

Taking this lightly, huh?
November 10, 2017, 02:44 PM
Sailor1911
Seems to me like you are due a signing bonus on the rehire! ;-)

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
November 10, 2017, 03:49 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Sue.

How was the OP damaged?

Negligent infliction of emotional distress?

OP did not lose his job, suffer a health condition or financial consequences.

I'm thinking (hoping...) that this was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the frivolous suits thread in the Lounge.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
November 10, 2017, 05:31 PM
jbcummings
I knew some guys who sent in a transfer for their brand new sparkling manager to his manager. That didn’t end very well.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.
November 11, 2017, 08:17 AM
2012BOSS302
Not a very good resignation letter.

Always logout/lock your screen (it's all your fault....sarc). We have confidentiality rules to screen lock your pc when you leave your desk and about accessing someone else account.

Move on and let HR and/or the manager handle any corrective action (new written rules class to attend.) Don't do something juvenile like let the air out of her tires, shove a potato in her tail pipe, egg her car or any other immature stuff like that.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
November 11, 2017, 08:20 AM
SIG 229R
Perp. should be disciplined fairly strongly. Stunts like this go beyond practical jokes!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"
November 11, 2017, 11:29 PM
irreverent
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
My wife texted me today as I was off work for Veterans Day programs at my kid's two schools.
Message was "look at the picture! Did you do this?"
It was a resignation email to my boss.
I immediately called my boss to tell her it wasn't me that did that. I also contacted the director of pharmacy and the security chief of MIS.

Seems a coworker got into my work email account and sent a resignation statement to my boss and copied my wife on it. Auto log off did not work.
I am beyond pissed.
Coworker said she was "just kidding. Sorry if it upset you. Thought you would know it was me".
She also changed my email signature to some less than professional comments.
This is a pharmacist. The techs told her it was a bad idea but she did it anyway.
Physical violence is frowned upon at work.

https://i.imgur.com/Z3kFChP.jpg

She is an asshole.
Sadly, she is also a supposed “health professional”. One would think that with the level of responsibility she’s been taught/given in her field, she’d understand that professionals don’t do this. Adults don’t do this.

If it were up to me, she’d be dismissed. Not funny. Not cool. Not professional. Too many people don’t respect their own profession these days, and she’s a perfect example.

"Trust, but verify."