SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "It's not you, it's me."
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"It's not you, it's me." Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it.

Likely better for you that you were home. My cousin was flying in and out of Jabuti when he got a dear John. His wife left him and put his dog in a kennel, it cost him thousands when he got back to get his dog out.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
cheers matey.

Short term - sucks.

long term - life improvement.

I was married to a lesbian one time, true story.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Keep you head up, brother.

My last active duty assignment, I was responsible for 10 NCOs, guys were older, more established in life but also had some more life experience behind them.

We were looking at a 70%+ divorce rate. One of the guys even said to me, "Sir, with all the divorces on the team, I start to question my own!"

I had my GF (now wife) wait through 2 deployments before marrying her. We've spent a lot of time apart but being older helps (37 for me and 41 for her).

It'll take some time but you'll come out stronger. Don't stoop to her level if it gets dirty.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Stand strong. I feel your pain, because 2 days ago I was told the same thing (just dating though).

I hate it when life takes a low blow. But sometimes it is for the best and time to move on.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
First of all sorry for the break up of your marriage. It's never easy but it does get better with time. As others have said other than the mortgage issue this looks to be playing out about as well as it could under the circumstances.

As and MP I've had to respond to all manner of domestics that were pre/during/post divorce. I've seen spouses do terrible things to their comatose or still in recovery military spouses that defy logic. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but you are coming out ahead of the deal on this one, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
"Family life counselors (free on every post I've been on) take no notes and are confidential unless you start talking about hurting yourself or others. There is an emotional impact weather you want to admit it or not and talk therapy is better for you (and your career) than bottle or needle therapy. A lot of folks will try and help, but they don't know what they don't know. "

Having done counselor no in the military, I suggest you check that out. While I counseled, I had no confidentiality. Only lawyers and doctors.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Fwiw, the following is what I tell my divorce clients, be it man or woman.

Next time you think about marrying someone, ask your father and/or mother first. "I'm thinking about marrying 'X'. What do you think?". It assumes that they have met and interacted with each other and there is a good relationship between parent and son/daughter.

If their response is patently enthusiastic, hop aboard blindly.

If their response is lukewarm, wishy-washy, "cordial", run away as fast as you can to the nearest gin-joint, time to get blasted.

No one knows you better than your parents. Emotions aside, they will be more objective, rational than someone involved in a whirlwind, romantic relationship.

The clients tell me that they agree with that.

My mom loved my ex-wife, and my most recent ex-gf. No reality check from her. Now, my step mom is the one who said the last two ex-gf weren't right for me. Some parent's are too supportive and approving and never say what needs to be said.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
So sad.
Sorry to hear this.
Look ahead and not back.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
"Family life counselors (free on every post I've been on) take no notes and are confidential unless you start talking about hurting yourself or others. There is an emotional impact weather you want to admit it or not and talk therapy is better for you (and your career) than bottle or needle therapy. A lot of folks will try and help, but they don't know what they don't know. "

Having done counselor no in the military, I suggest you check that out. While I counseled, I had no confidentiality. Only lawyers and doctors.

Read enclosure 3 para a.1 of the DOD instructions.Specific steps and programs where implemented to protect the Service Members's privacy and destigmatize seeing treatment. Now there is a clause for legal obligations and a later definition, but there is a requirement to protect the Soldiers confidentiality. Now, As I mentioned If you go in and tell the counselor that you are going to hurt yourself or someone else they have an obligation to report. Also confidentiality and Doctor Patient Privilege are not synonymous.

That said I should have used the proper term Military Family Life Counselor instead of family life counselor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good news is the world will be your oyster.

You seem to have your shit together, so hack a 3 year clock before you allow yourself to even mention the "M" word with any chick, and then go out and have a load of fun finding a younger, smarter, hotter woman who will dig your program.

All you have to do is make it so.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Zac, and yes, it is her.

Cut ties, it hurts, but you just got a huge win for this to happen now, rather than 5 years down the road.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post