SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ammo. Glad I had shipping insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo. Glad I had shipping insurance Login/Join 
posted
Looks like I got my ammo ripped off today being delivered to my front door. It's not there. I got the $1.28 shipping insurance at Target Sports so it might take a while, but I should get it again. Had to do police report, but waiting for the Fed Ex driver to call. Maybe he delivered it somewhere else. Next time, I'm going to have signature sign for ammo. I'm waiting to hear. My two neighbors are working, so they didn't get it for me. I've looked all around house and neighbors also. Keep you updated.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I remember when I was younger you could not get a delivery to your home unless someone was home to sign for it.
I had most thing delivered to my office just for this reason.
When did the no signature thing change?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I forgot I had UPS and FedEx set up to just drop off and require no signature. Now if I am expecting something important I will log in and select hold at facility and pick it up at my convenience

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Now if I am expecting something important I will log in and select hold at facility and pick it up at my convenience

Same here. The UPS hub is just a couple miles from my house, and there's a FedEx/Kinkos location not much further. I have nearly all my packages held.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it. He delivered it to my neighbors house two doors down for some reason. Now, I can really put that 226 Legion to the test.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I don't trust the delivery folks. They sometimes are thieves or just lazy.

We had some dash plaques made and sent 2nd day to our home. We're retired and stay home on important days. After the 3rd day we called. The driver insisted he made the delivery (he lied). So we called the sender who has to initiate the paperwork on a loss. Then we had them remade and sent to our motel across the country. No problem (different delivery person).

When we got home, we had some paperwork to do and were told the local drivers weren't FedEx employees, but independent contractors. Too lazy to do the work. If we were employed, I couldn't be this sure. I'm guessing insurance on the packages would help.

On a package that went missing maybe 15 years ago, it was delivered maybe 10 houses down. The guy there was less than honest, he'd planned on keeping her stuff. Lucky for us the driver back then remembered where he'd delivered it. Turned out the neighbor was the biologic father of one of my sons GF. People aren't always honest.

The OP here needs to reload. Then he only needs to chase components. And the delivery thief will remember humping those 50# boxes of bullets and where he dropped them. A home closed circuit recorder will also prove him to be a liar.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
I remember when I was younger you could not get a delivery to your home unless someone was home to sign for it.

Around here, when you ship a package "signature required," the delivery person scribbles "man" or sometimes "person" in the signature box on his little machine and just leaves the package. I have had this happen with both guns and alcohol.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I think it may have something to do with the christmas rush. Received an email a few days ago that a new chrome book was left at the front door. Ah, nope. Told amazon it wasn't there and they sent another one that just arrived. Have no idea where the first one is. Also ordered a load of ammunition from Georgia Arms because after the first of the year it becomes next to impossible in this stinking state. Hope it doesn't get messed up. They usually deliver without a signature.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
9 times out of 10 when we've had to chase down a failed delivery, the package is with a neighbor, or the wife picked it up and forgot to mention it, or the guy forgot he had it delivered to his work address. We've only rarely had to activate an insurance claim.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:

That has to be a local/state law or service delivery rule in your area.

I have *never* signed for ammo in AZ delivered to my door.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This is why I pay for an account at The UPS Store. Packages are delivered quickly, as it's an address for many businesses and UPS, FedEx, and USPS drivers can offload a lot from their trucks in one stop.

All packages are signed for and held securely. The store sends me an email or text when a package arrives for me.

Nothing is left on a doorstep to attract thieves. There is no "nobody home, we will re-deliver tomorrow" notice stuck on the door. Amazon deliveries arrive and are held safely.

The store manager knows me and gives great personal service, like the day, a few years ago, when I won a Jeff Yarchin karma. The store manager made room in the refrigerator where the store staff keeps their lunches, and Jeff's homemade sausage was kept there until I could stop by to pick it up.

In terms of personal security (my wife is a mental health professional and deals with some unhealthy individuals), we have an address that is not our residence. All business mail, for our small mom-and-pop business goes to my mailbox in the store.

The UPS Store is well worth the annual fee.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
In with V-Tail. I'm on a first-name basis with the owner and staff of my "chosen" store (not the closest to the house, but it's on the way to work).

Excellent service. Best part: it's a business expense because I have my tenants mail payments there.

Edit: there was supposed to be a quote up top. I edited for clarity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vulrath,

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
How much does a mailbox at UPS Store cost? Do they require much more personal info than name and phone number?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
On at least two occasions I have had a driver leave a package when no one was home despite it requiring a signature.
Once he left $6.000 worth of computer equipment on my uncovered front porch, less than 40 feet from the road, and it was raining!
Thankfully I got home before the rain soaked through the boxes or anyone stole them. Mad

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Years back had a 2 1/2" M-66 delivered to my FRONT porch, Signature required, but simply left on the porch.

We always used the side door, so never noticed the box. Like three days later we noticed it! Thankfully Helena MT at the time was a lot more Law abiding.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
How much does a mailbox at UPS Store cost? Do they require much more personal info than name and phone number?

It depends on the store, as they're individually owned and oped. Also on mailbox size. Varies widely, I've seen $10-35/month. You have to sign this long service agreement, and provide two valid forms of identification, one of which must include a photograph.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My neighbor had his mail stolen an the got his credit card statement. They started ordering jewelry and having it delivered to his door. Both worked so there was nobody home. Signature? The thrive knew when the delivery was coming and dropped a guy off at the house. He went around back and came around when the delivery was made. Hence every delivery was "signed" for.
The thieves got greedy and ordered $6K of stuff. That's when the credit card company called them

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

As far as I can determine based on countless ammunition and other orders, it’s entirely up to the sender whether to request, and pay for signature confirmation. I understand requiring a signature for high dollar items or things like guns, but otherwise it’s usually just a huge nuisance for me, especially when I’m not expecting it. There’s one company in Colorado I occasionally deal with that requires a signature for any order like a couple of boxes of ammo. Needless to say, they don’t get a lot of my business.

I also just learned from a FedEx guy that signature required deliveries are now tracked by GPS. Even if the driver knows the recipient personally he can’t turn a package over anywhere other than at the address, and not even at the end of a long driveway.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post