SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Start the movie already!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Start the movie already! Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the previews ... when I’m running late.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Times have really changed in the movie theater business. In my high school and college years, I earned a little money as a projectionist. The projectors were Simplex, all mechanical, and the film was illuminated by arclights and reflectors. Primitive stuff, to be sure, but I never ran more than five minutes of trailers. Occasionally, a Woody Woodpecker cartoon might be tossed into the pre-feature mix, but moviegoers in those days didn’t have to sit through the crap modern theaters dish out in such abundance before showtime. I ran my last movie in 1974. These days, I would rather watch Netflix in the comfort of my own home on more or less my terms.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marcus Theatre near me does assigned seating in nice recliners. Worth the extra couple bucks a ticket to be able to show up right at show time.

I thought Incredibles 2 was awesome. The short did suck.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't been to the theater since 2006. Don't miss it.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post