SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cabelas price increase after cancelled order
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas price increase after cancelled order Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Last Sunday I put in an order for Sig Elite Performance V-Crown 147gr 9mm. The price was $12.74/20 rounds. Two days later Cabelas cancelled the order saying it was out of stock. Today Cabelas has it for sale at $14.99 box. Free shipping over $50.
How do you cancel my order saying it is out of stock, then have it in stock at a higher price?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I believe a call to customer service is in order, OP.

Cabelas used to be a good outfit. I’m afraid they have taken on the ways of their chickenshit Bass Pro brethren.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Cabelas used to be a good outfit. I’m afraid they have taken on the ways of their chickenshit Bass Pro brethren.

I called, was on hold for 45 minutes. I had it on speaker so I didn't have to hold the phone, hung up. Not worth the aggravation. Two weeks ago I tried to order from Bass Pro. They don't sell ammunition to NJ. Called them, said Cabelas does. We don't was their answer.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you cancel my order saying it is out of stock, then have it in stock at a higher price?

^^^^^^
I would consider this to be poor business practice. People remember these things.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Chickenshit Bass Pro is 100% correct. Unfortunately these assholes OWN Cabela's and are slowly turning a once great brand into more Basshit Pro outlets. I don't give the Cabela's brand lasting another 5 years any chance at all, by then all the stores will be Bass Pro shops. Hope the Cabela family have Pig Farmers move next door where ever they live, because they deserve to smell nothing but pig shit for eternity for allowing this crap to go on.

Yeah, I really have a strong dislike for Bass Pro and their anti gun Bullshit.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
This morning I finally got through to Cabelas. I was told what I had first ordered was on sale and quickly sold out. Second order I was told that their web site is undergoing a change, stores pull inventory without the web site knowing It, yada yada yada. BUT, even though they don't expect any 9MM HD ammunition to come in, they will email me if it does and I can call up customer service and see if it actually does come in stock. Not worth having their credit card if I can't get what I need from them.

Living the Dream

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
stores pull inventory without the web site knowing It

They pulled that on me last spring at Dundee. Website showed several bottles of Oxypho Blue on hand, called the store and whoever I spoke to said they had it. Once I got there, none to be found. Clerk on the floor was like "oh well" and walked away. So in a matter of two or three hours all the inventory was sold?

Customer service was minimally helpful, offered to order it but with a ETA of a month or so.

Midway, my usual go-to was out, went to Amazon, had it in three days.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

A friend of mine worked for Manny Moe and Jack. He showed me a sign behind the parts counter when I asked him if they were keeping him busy.

Every call results in a visit!

And that was back in 1992 when they had a glowing shifter knob for damn near any import, but no heater core for an F-150.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got out of retail four months after everybody and and their siblings started ordering online.

I'am am wondering, If it takes 5 people to get the job done on the innernet , maybe! This is the kind of stuff that we'll have to get used to.

It's not hard at all to realize why Steve in one Dept. Does not know what is going on three buildings over, and they can't begin to understand what's going on on the dock in receiving.

It,s a cluster waiting to happen, from one hour to the next.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
I never worked in retail so thanks for the perspective. Website not updated with inventory in stock.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These monster warehouse size outfitter have too many items and dont want to bother with keeping product inventory updated on the website.

Cant really blame the guy behind the counter who has no control over the website.

Its sad even when you call the store the inventory may be off. The computer says we have 2 doohickeys left. Too bad one was stolen and the other was tossed behind a shelf after someone changed their mind.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
back when I was in the Appliance game,
I went to the shipper , picked up the inventory,

hauled them back to the store,
opened them up, displayed them on the sales floor,

on occasion I sold them to a customer, arranged for delivery ,

loaded them on the delivery truck,
took the old appliances out of the customers house ,
installed the new appliances, and then
showed them how to operate and maintain them.

Except in a small town in Michigan ,
there are very few places that you will find
that happening , in retail.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I remember years ago, after losing 70 Lbs. speaking to Cabelas C/S and complaining (jokingly) that nothing fit anymore. A few weeks later, I received a $250.00 gift card in the mail along with a handwritten note from one of the Cabela brothers.

Sadly, since Bass Pro brought the chain, C/S, and overall quality is virtually non existent.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

Its sad even when you call the store the inventory may be off. The computer says we have 2 doohickeys left. Too bad one was stolen and the other was tossed behind a shelf after someone changed their mind.

this happens, and often,

we used a similar system to order when I was in the grocery biz,

computer may say I have 2 or 8 or 20

however, if you don't check your balances often, and change them when discrepancies are found, it will never be right,

we could do the changes in the grocery biz, (anyone that could log in to a handheld)

however not so in some of the bigbox stores,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post