SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women who won't make restaurant suggestions.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women who won't make restaurant suggestions. Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Which, AFAIK, is damned near all of them.

I'm hurt that you've asked nearly all women out to restaurants, but not me. Frown

Be careful what you wish for. Razz

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I think I might have solved this riddle. I just insist that I am dying for some pizza, steak, seafood, etc. You really have to sell it. She will either agree or tell you where she wants to eat. It hasn't failed yet.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Sort of the same deal here. I have a favorite restaurant that is maybe 1.5 miles away. No main roads needed, and adequate parking. She's afraid to even ask me because she knows the answer. Blinkers. Wins the best steak in N KY every year. Sometimes she even surprises me and agrees. When I get to pick, its from a very predictable list, with Blinkers at the top.

She shocked me on Tuesday and agreed to KFC/LJS. It was maybe 5 miles total. She has to drive, I stopped driving last Nov 17 when I crashed my jeep. We can walk to Blinkers.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
When I was growing up, Mom and Dad would be talking about where to go for dinner (or what kind of takeout to get for dinner). She'd say "Do you want Chinese or Mexican or pizza or burgers or ..." And Dad would just say "Yep!"

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife used to eat at a place in South Alabama called "It Don't Matter". I'm guessing these very arguments are how they get most of their business.

I've never been there, but the wife says the fried chicken there is amazing.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got tired of offering up suggestions to see them all get shot down. I made a hat of choices. 12 or so slips of paper with a different cuisine written on each. A slip gets picked and that's what we eat. Veto means that person needs to come up with where we're going.

I might offer up a choice of two or three things I'm willing to cook. Pick one or I decide.

Luckily the default is always bbq or burritos so I can't lose.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Which, AFAIK, is damned near all of them.

I'm hurt that you've asked nearly all women out to restaurants, but not me. Frown

Olive Garden?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife isn't too obstreperous about restaurant choices. Her game of choice is to ask me what I want for dinner when she is cooking. I don't usually know what we have the stuff to make, so I can't really answer. Despite the last 28 years of this, she refuses to offer me a couple of options of things we actually have the ingredients for. I have now taken to answering that question with; "lobster thermidor."

And the real hell of it is, I don't really care. She doesn't cook anything I really don't like, and I'll eat damn near anything I am offered.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Easy: just don't eat out but cook at home. cheaper and bedroom's closer, too. Plus I love to cook (and most of the girls I've dated so far, too) It's way cheaper, too.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Olive Garden?

Just for that, I'm going to request a good steak place and then order mine well-done.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Olive Garden?

Just for that, I'm going to request a good steak place and then order mine well-done.

AND put BBQ sauce on it. Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My GF is a diabetic. She's always asking me what restaurant I'm should choose and what kind of meal I like.

For me it don't matter, I tell her. I am not the diabetic here.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
that's what makes this guy a genius

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My wife used to do this. Now if she says she doesn’t care, without speaking I automatically head for Costco. Dinner for two, $3.

She now always knows where she wants to go, and never asks for my culinary preference. It’s marital bliss.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I was reading this, turned to the wife and said, IF I ask you where you wanna eat and you say you dont care, its from now on gonna be mcdonalds.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
OK you're at the restaurant.
How long does it take for her to pick something from the menu? Or has she even looked at the menu?

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Me: Where do you want to go for lunch/dinner?

Wife: Oh, I don’t know. Why don’t you pick the place.

Me: OK, “White Castle” it is then.

Wife: NOOOOO!!! Anywhere but there.

Me: But you said for me to pick it.

And that’s when the fight started. Wink

White Castle is my default pick when this starts. I love it but never go. Wife only agrees once every couple years.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I guess I'm lucky. My wife always suggests a place to eat, such as "let's go to such-and-such for lunch/dinner". I like what she likes, so I just pile in the car and off we go. And we both prefer to go before the "hour", like 11:00am for lunch or 5:00pm for dinner.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Mine has been trained. After two suggestions get shot down she picks or I start back home.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I thought it was universally known that they like a strong decisive man in charge that makes decisions? They also like being tied to the bed so they don't have to make decisions there, but that's another story. Eek

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post