SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women who won't make restaurant suggestions.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women who won't make restaurant suggestions. Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
And yet they want to rule the world?

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
OK you're at the restaurant.
How long does it take for her to pick something from the menu? Or has she even looked at the menu?

Or the third degree questioning. What are you getting? Why would you want that, I made that a few days ago? Didn't you like it?

Or, You always get that, why don't you try the xxxx? I don't want the xxxx, I really wanted the yyyy, but you made it a few days ago and the yyyy here isn't as good.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
How about this then? The lady will have one fiesta item only and a complimentary cup of water Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My wife will spend 30 min looking at the menu. Lately she has noticed that I ALWAYS pick the better meal, and my food taste better than hers. Always. So lately she has asked me to order for her, which so far has worked fine, knock on wood.

But I'll eat anything, so if she would rather eat what I'm eating, I'll just switch plates with her, or sometimes we will eat half of each for variety.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Ask them "guess where I am taking you for dinner."

Then take them to their first guess.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slightly different issue but still under the heading, women and restaurants, when my wife and I hit McDonald's for lunch, it's as if she's never been there before. I step up and I say, "Number three, no pickles, no onions." She has to scan the menu every time for a minute or so, like they've changed it since last week. Meanwhile, there are 8 people waiting in line behind us.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

I tried that...she just smiled and said "Nope." I tried but couldn't find a restaurant named 'Nope'. =/

But I found a fix for this issue. From now on whenever she won't pick a place we automatically default to The Metro .

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:

<snip> we automatically default to The Metro .
A Metro Diner opened not far from my house, at a location where a couple of other restaurants have failed. My wife and I tried it, I was prepared for "mediocre" or "barely acceptable." I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food that we had, and the accuracy of the order -- I am pretty specific when I order at a restaurant.

The manager, who basically runs the kitchen, stopped by our table to check on us and I understood why the quality was very good. The man was clearly detail oriented and had a "take care of the customer" attitude. Very different from the previous businesses at this location.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
The original Metro is in Jacksonville I believe. We were there a few years ago when stopping to see the GF's aunts and grandparents on our way back from the Keys.

A few months later we were out doing stuff and we saw one locally (in PA) and we went in. It was just a great as the original. We go once or twice a month now. They're starting to pop up all over the east coast. I only hope they all can maintain the quality of the original.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Clever, unless they are cynics, and assume you will take them someplace you like, their preferences be damned.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Oh, this whole premise is just ridiculous. We all know that you want us to pick the restaurant so you can say, "Well, you chose the restaurant, so I get to choose the movie."

Razz

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Slightly different issue but still under the heading, women and restaurants, when my wife and I hit McDonald's for lunch, it's as if she's never been there before. I step up and I say, "Number three, no pickles, no onions." She has to scan the menu every time for a minute or so, like they've changed it since last week. Meanwhile, there are 8 people waiting in line behind us.

She must be skinny! Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7JD6a_ECM

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL ! On target ! Now, decision time. Do I show it to her ??

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I could go the rest of my days eating every meal in a restaurant and be thrilled to death.

My wife on the other hand will come home from work exhausted but think its easier to cook a full meal herself than let others do it for us.

I'll even go as far as make her a simple meal when she gets home, serve it to her, then go out to eat myself.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
Oh, this whole premise is just ridiculous. We all know that you want us to pick the restaurant so you can say, "Well, you chose the restaurant, so I get to choose the movie."

Razz

Y'all can choose both if I get to choose the next activity.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
She has a headache.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post