SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women who won't make restaurant suggestions.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women who won't make restaurant suggestions. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Which, AFAIK, is damned near all of them. My GF shoots down any of my suggestions and yet will not make any of her own. Mad

There was this lady on death row. When the warden asked her what she wanted for her last meal, replied, "Oh, I don't know. What were you thinking about?"

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Download Yelp.

Bookmark favorites.

Pick randomly from the list. 1 veto allowed.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha ha! my wife and I fight over this all the time. I'm a jerk because I won't pick but she won't pick anything either and that's ok.

I told her to get a bowl, put the restaurant names in it and we will just draw. It's a fight damn near every time we go out.

Where should we eat?

I don't care

How about Joe's?

Nah, not in the mood.

How about Franks?

No that's too far. Don't want Mexican anyway

How about Chang's?

No Chinese tonight. Or Italian. Or BBQ, or pizza.

Ok... What do you want?

I don't care just pick something !

Fine we're going to Sam's

No, I don't like the cheese sticks there.

For fuck sake woman! Where do you want to go?

Don't yell at me, I told you I don't care tonight

Grrrrrr.... Chak chak.....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Me: Where do you want to go for lunch/dinner?

Wife: Oh, I don’t know. Why don’t you pick the place.

Me: OK, “White Castle” it is then.

Wife: NOOOOO!!! Anywhere but there.

Me: But you said for me to pick it.

And that’s when the fight started. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My dining out solution seems to work pretty well.

On Monday or Tuesday, I make a dinner reservation for Friday or Saturday night and then tell her we're eating at x restaurant on y date at z time. Works well 90% of the time as she likes that I thought about it in advance and she can avoid eating her favorite dish prior to the reservation.

It works well for people who eat out once a week, but might not work for people who eat out most meals.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I ‘had’ a gf like that once. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I just learned that I'll have to pick the place and she'll have to live with it. If you don't make a choice, I will.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“How about the kitchen?” has not been received well by my wife.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Download Yelp.

Bookmark favorites.

Pick randomly from the list. 1 veto allowed.

This. Maybe two vetos....maaaaaaaaybe, but sometimes I'll ask for some clues and I'll just make the decision.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I tell her to pick or we can stay home. She's the foodie after all.

I have no time for that bullshit, apparently I'm a minority in that regard.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Unless we're on a road trip, we don't eat out. Problem solved.

I do get "what do you want for supper" but that usually goes well too. "Anything I don't have to cook" will get me a dirty look and a sammich...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Sounds perfect to me, does she have a sister?
My response would be “Excellent, then we are staying home and cooking, and saving money, thanks!” “I’m making X, you are welcome to some or fix something yourself.”

Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:

LOL and then out came the rolling pin...

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Which, AFAIK, is damned near all of them.

I'm hurt that you've asked nearly all women out to restaurants, but not me. Frown

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cza37DfVpX8

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This seems to be a common theme.

My current take is if I give you a suggestion and you shut it down I will pick somewhere else. If you shut that place down it's your turn to pick. Pony up and pick. Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cza37DfVpX8

Do people really put "kisses" instead of punctuation in their texts? That would get fucking annoying fast.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
This seems to be a common theme.

Only if you like girls.

My ex would do the "no not there" BS until I said:
I'm not interested in where you *don't* want to eat. Tell me where you want to go or we're going to the first place I mentioned.

Reason #794 she's my ex.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:

LOL and then out came the rolling pin...

She would have to go into the kitchen first to find it.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
My wife and I used to play this game until I just started to use my favorite bbq joint as the default.

Me: where do you want to go?

Her: I don't know, pick something.

Me: ok, we're going to Cottons.

Her: I don't want to go to Cottons again.

me: fine, you have 6 miles to come up with an alternative, otherwise we are eating at Cottons.

It took a while (and a lot of Cottons) to train her but now when I ask her where she wants to eat at she comes up with a plan.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post